Air Guitar, Who Had One, Probably only applies to older members
skennington
Jan 26 2008, 04:25 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I'm watching a show on VH1 about how heavy metal was born. There showing all these rockers headed to a bar somewhere in the UK with plywood guitars in hand to jam to bands like Preist, Motorhead, ACDC ect. It just took me back to the days I would rock out to my fav's with my painted up plywood "V".

Any of you guys care to share about the beginning of your jounney?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 26 2008, 04:33 AM
GMC:er
I had an axe handle that I found in my garage that I used as my "Guitar" back when I was in 7th and 8th grade. I wrote 'Nikki Sixx" on it in blue and red permanent marker. I'm not sure why I wrote a Bassists name on my faux guitar (I guess because Nikki was such a bad ass) but it served me well until I saved up enough to buy the real thing.
Rock On!!!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Jan 26 2008, 04:33 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 25 2008, 07:25 PM) *
I'm watching a show on VH1 about how heavy metal was born. There showing all these rockers headed to a bar somewhere in the UK with plywood guitars in hand to jam to bands like Preist, Motorhead, ACDC ect. It just took me back to the days I would rock out to my fav's with my painted up plywood "V".

Any of you guys care to share about the beginning of your jounney?

Well after losing the ability to pursue one of my two dreams in life, I decided to go after my second one. Which is to become a great guitar player and become well known for it.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 26 2008, 04:49 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Maximus @ Jan 25 2008, 10:33 PM) *
I had an axe handle that I found in my garage that I used as my "Guitar" back when I was in 7th and 8th grade. I wrote 'Nikki Sixx" on it in blue and red permanent marker. I'm not sure why I wrote a Bassists name on my faux guitar (I guess because Nikki was such a bad ass) but it served me well until I saved up enough to buy the real thing.
Rock On!!!!!

Nice! MC ruled back in the day. I thought Mick Mars was the man at one time, short time though.

What was you guys first real guitar. Mine was a EVH replica that I got when I was 13 in 1986 made by Memphis. I had a crate G40 amp that I eventually ended up pawning due to things I won't talk about. Picked the guitar back up a few months ago and found this great site. No turning back now!

Steve

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 26 2008, 04:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I had a plywood "Hondo 2" Les Pal copy Tobaco Sunburst. Put some other pickups in it at the time to get the crunch. Those where the days.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 26 2008, 04:51 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 26 2008, 05:24 AM
I had a hot pink BC Rich with a 15 w Gorilla Amp. The year: 1984.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:15 PM