2 Pages V  < 1 2  
New Fender 'road Worn' Series!, Cheaper than Custom Shop Relics!!
berko
Feb 17 2009, 08:59 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Boson @ Feb 17 2009, 08:53 PM) *
Two things to add here.

2. How come its always strats or teles that end up "road worn" You dont really see a bashed up LP!

I think that's probably because of Fender's marketing attitude. There are surely a lot of battered LPs out there but it was Fender that really started to build out for example the relic series based on such vintage-look. If I were a guitar collector with tons of cash I'd probably buy a piece from each... or purchase some REAL '60s starts and teles for the same price tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Boson
Feb 17 2009, 09:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (calgary1 @ Feb 17 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Well speaking as a chickin picker, I play country taverns all the time, and the tele is great stick ya can use on the roudy drunks!!!....lol Hence the damage.

Perhaps you should try a LP they are much heavier! lol

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
calgary1
Feb 17 2009, 09:08 PM
QUOTE (Boson @ Feb 17 2009, 01:03 PM) *
Perhaps you should try a LP they are much heavier! lol

Thats a good idea!!!! Awww but I need the tele for tone. Fender is having real issues over here though. I feel bad for the kids that buy a strat or tele and think its good to go of the rack. It rarely is. Almost always the when new the frets are lifting a bit which seriously affects playability. Most dealers (salesman never tell ya that) So in a sence your new guitar is already worn. The tele i mentioned above was like that. It went from rental department ( it was a new guitar) to my luthier here in calgary where he reseated the frets and intonated it. Buyers have to be careful when buying new axes.

+Quote Post
Boson
Feb 17 2009, 09:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (calgary1 @ Feb 17 2009, 10:08 PM) *
Thats a good idea!!!! Awww but I need the tele for tone. Fender is having real issues over here though. I feel bad for the kids that buy a strat or tele and think its good to go of the rack. It rarely is. Almost always the when new the frets are lifting a bit which seriously affects playability. Most dealers (salesman never tell ya that) So in a sence your new guitar is already worn. The tele i mentioned above was like that. It went from rental department ( it was a new guitar) to my luthier here in calgary where he reseated the frets and intonated it. Buyers have to be careful when buying new axes.

I really want a good tele. I love their sound and their simplicity.

I saw a group called Giant Sand las week, the main man played a tele that sounded great!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
calgary1
Feb 17 2009, 09:34 PM
QUOTE (Boson @ Feb 17 2009, 01:14 PM) *
I really want a good tele. I love their sound and their simplicity.

I saw a group called Giant Sand las week, the main man played a tele that sounded great!

Ya I love them too, they are tough as nails. I set mine up with action super low, frappin on the fretboard. I get a few buzzs but thats cool. Mine has a ducan hot rail at the bridge, that I tap for country. But when I need to rock out in the last set, ( because all calgary rednecks scream ZZ or Zeppelin at the end of the night) I crush em with some crunch. The mesa helps with that too. The tele sound really cuts through the mix which I like. Just another random though, when playing rock Im very careful with distortion levels. Too much distortion gets cancelled out by the hi hats and cymbals, and the guitar sounds really weak. I could turn up the volume, but then my singers would beat me. lol

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 17 2009, 09:40 PM
Instructor
I like this a lot!
Thanks for the link!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Feb 18 2009, 12:04 AM
I played one the other day. It's identical to a $400 dollar standard Mexi strat except with some tex mex pickups basically.
YOU ARE PAYING $500 for the worn finish!
That to me is insane smile.gif

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 18 2009, 02:01 AM
Instructor
The only real worn out look is when you do it yourself over the years wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:38 PM