Modal Madness, Harmonic Minor modes
Nava
Feb 2 2011, 09:08 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Zsolt!
A question if u got the time:)

In the beginning of B Locrian you play E - D - C (12th fret) 12 -10 -8
I noticed u played it with E - pinkyfinger and D - middlefinger.
So the question is : Is it nesscesary to play D with middlefinger instead of ringfinger? Maybe its a stretching thing cause I like to have my thumb back on the neck and I have a very hard time getting it to work:D
If I put the whole hand against neck I can do it pretty easy but then I must change back to thumbposition again in the next sequens of the scale...
Whats the best do u think?
In Muris lesson on AP he does the same as u with the fingers.
If u say that its best to train a habit with middlefinger on the D note I will surely put all my effort to stretch and train that!
Now I bet u gonna say : Play the way u feel most comfortable with wink.gif
I will do whatever u say rolleyes.gif

Hope you understand may way of putting it hehe..

// Thomas

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Nava
Mar 3 2011, 08:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi!

A little info on my progress as I rest my fingers and wrist a bit tongue.gif

Well, its the 14:th day now at first position which is A-minor or course (or E-minor, F, G or whatever, as I practice at all keys)
In the beginning I started with metronom on 50 (6 picks/beat). Then 70 and now I am practicing on 95, which I am very happy with smile.gif
Of course I get bored sometimes but its becomes lika a mantra haha... I did try at 105 but thats to hard for me at the moment!

As I know all the modes a little bit I have practice on imporvising a bit. And specially Emir Hots Rock Ballad. Hes jamloop at that lesson really rocks and I have NEVER played that good before! Your lesson here Zsolt is so incredible good and I sure will go all the way with this:)

So I will continue and change position after 7 days more..

Just letting u know:))

Thx for inspiration!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Mar 3 2011, 10:11 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Wow, this is awesome news! smile.gif

I know this feeling, when you suddenly are able to play beyond you've ever played before and that rocks!

Just go on practicing every day. One day you'll be able to go beyond 120 and then you'll be armed with a machine gun biggrin.gif

Can't wait to hear your progress, man!

Cheers

QUOTE (Nava @ Mar 3 2011, 08:01 PM) *
Hi!

A little info on my progress as I rest my fingers and wrist a bit tongue.gif

Well, its the 14:th day now at first position which is A-minor or course (or E-minor, F, G or whatever, as I practice at all keys)
In the beginning I started with metronom on 50 (6 picks/beat). Then 70 and now I am practicing on 95, which I am very happy with smile.gif
Of course I get bored sometimes but its becomes lika a mantra haha... I did try at 105 but thats to hard for me at the moment!

As I know all the modes a little bit I have practice on imporvising a bit. And specially Emir Hots Rock Ballad. Hes jamloop at that lesson really rocks and I have NEVER played that good before! Your lesson here Zsolt is so incredible good and I sure will go all the way with this:)

So I will continue and change position after 7 days more..

Just letting u know:))

Thx for inspiration!!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:34 AM