Building A Guitar
matt r
Jun 3 2009, 03:13 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone

I've decided to build a guitar, I've been looking it into lately and I came to the conclusion that there are a multitude of different configurations when it comes to ordering the parts. I honestly have very little experience as well as knowledge with regards to building the guitar and ordering its parts. But i do know that i really want to do it and i know what kind of sound i want!

I have A Strat, so i want to create something along the lines of a Les Paul or A Schecter, something a bit on the other side of the spectrum, i definitely want humbuckers . My brother (Fatb0t) has both, I really like the way the Les paul sounds and I like the way the Shecter plays so a combination of both would be awesome.

I plan on ordering the body and neck off warmoth.com, probably an ash musiclander body for extra sustain. I'm not sure if i want to get wood on wood and i think i want to ebony or maple neck. I'm not a fan of how the rosewood feels. I've looked into pickups and i haven't really narrowed anything down because there is such a wide variety of reviews for each.

So with that in mind i was wondering if anyone would have some suggestions on what to order and why. I also have a few questions if anyone would care enough to answer

Does the shape of the body effect the tone? Do active pickups change the signal to digital? and also what bridge, nobs, switches, and pickups to get (and whatever i missed)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- matt r   Building A Guitar   Jun 3 2009, 03:13 AM
- - sted   Never built a guitar mate but heres a few of my op...   Jun 3 2009, 09:14 AM
- - AdamB   Does the shape of the body effect the tone? Yes, ...   Jun 3 2009, 12:16 PM
- - matt r   thanks for the feedback   Jun 3 2009, 10:02 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:41 AM