Apprentice Bushido Task 34
Ben Higgins
Sep 14 2012, 11:46 AM
Instructor
Greetings, brave disciples !! Today, I present you with a new challenge.. so there's no time to rest and build snowmen and throw snowballs at each other !!

Task 34: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...c-displacement/

I want you guys to only learn up until 0:30 of the main video. The licks are quite a lot to take in and memorise. I thought twice about presenting you with this one but in the end I decided that you guys could handle it smile.gif

I'm interested in you learning more about rhythm displacement. This is essentially when you play a sequence of notes which stays the same but the start point of the lick keeps occurring on different accents of the beat, instead of on beat 1 for example.

You would get this kind of effect if you played a repeating lick that had an odd number of notes in it, like 7. Because the number is odd, it will overlap the 4 bars in a beat, and the start point will shift to a different beat every time. It's quite a head twister at first but you might find it easier if you don't think about it too much and just learn the shapes and feel it.

Stuff like this comes in very useful when playing solos. You can take a very basic, boring phrase and make it sound so much more exciting by the way you place it over the beat.

Enjoy !!

Deadline is next Friday 21st September or I will hide your guitars and replace them with a bass instead ! ph34r.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:42 AM