Question Regarding Lesson: Country Rhythm Lesson, Sinisa Cekic, http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Country-Rhythm/
uncguy4321
Sep 9 2013, 07:07 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys,

I asked this on the feedback of the lesson but I wasn't sure if I'd get an answer there or if I needed to ask here.

On the main "groove" of this, in the g chord on step 1 about 25 seconds in...is he strumming down on the G, then down on 3rd fret B string, then UP on the 3rd fret e string, then down again on the next bass note?

Sorry to ask such an obscure question, but I figure the whole groove relies on this pattern so I was trying to see how to properly play it.

Thanks guys!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 9 2013, 08:30 AM
Instructor
Hey buddy, I'll try to explain it in a little movie for you - will be ready in a an hour or so when I arrive to the studio tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 9 2013, 10:14 AM
Instructor
Hi, do you mean of the video part 3 ? You got me a little confused, because there isn't any B and E1 strings on that picked pattern (G major chord). Did you check out tabs?

Pattern goes like this:

E6 3rd fret /down
A5 2nd fret/ down
D4 open string/ up
A5 open string / down and then release hammer- in to same string 2nd fret
D4 open /down
G3 open/up

Hope this helps
cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
uncguy4321
Sep 9 2013, 04:07 PM
Thank you Sinisa. Yes pardon me, as I was referring to the e and b strings by their open note. I think this answers my question.

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Sep 9 2013, 04:14 AM) *
Hi, do you mean of the video part 3 ? You got me a little confused, because there isn't any B and E1 strings on that picked pattern (G major chord). Did you check out tabs?

Pattern goes like this:

E6 3rd fret /down
A5 2nd fret/ down
D4 open string/ up
A5 open string / down and then release hammer- in to same string 2nd fret
D4 open /down
G3 open/up

Hope this helps
cheers

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 9 2013, 05:26 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy - here are the graphics tongue.gif

+Quote Post
uncguy4321
Sep 9 2013, 05:53 PM
Awesome Cosmin, thank you! Awesome guitar too.

So the high e and B strings are not played at all in this? at least on the G chord part?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 9 2013, 11:26 AM) *
Hey buddy - here are the graphics tongue.gif

AH, i see the confusion now...you guys are referring to the sort of "muted" groove he does after the first bars.

I am referring to the earlier part where he kets the strings all ring out.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 10 2013, 08:49 AM
Instructor
Now, I get it too - it's the second movie in the lesson, right? smile.gif And I think I understand where your confusion comes from - movie coming up!

Here it is mate - it'll take a bit before it's fully loaded smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 10 2013, 10:07 PM

+Quote Post
uncguy4321
Sep 11 2013, 06:48 AM
Awesome, thanks. I think its so cool that I can get a video from an expert when I have an issue.

Sinisa, when you play it normal speed, after you pluck the bass note it almost sounds like you're just plucking two individual notes and then pluck the alternate bass note. That is probably just my inexperience and your skillful playing.

Thanks to both of you.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 10 2013, 02:49 AM) *
Now, I get it too - it's the second movie in the lesson, right? smile.gif And I think I understand where your confusion comes from - movie coming up!

Here it is mate - it'll take a bit before it's fully loaded smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2013, 08:11 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - he picks the bass note and then the E note on the D string and the C note (B string, 1st position) and open G string together, just like I showed you in the video wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 11 2013, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,sorry for late replay ,was busy a lot ! Ok, Cosmin beat me to it smile.gif, and just the way he played is perfect explanation !
Glad if this helps. Maybe I should add some about timing: Bass note lasts half, accompanied by two quarter ( TAA/ TA/TA) x2.

btw, Cosmin...You are now pronounced to my PR manager tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2013, 09:35 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Well, I think we made a good team without even speaking to one another about what we should say to the dude, eh? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 12 2013, 12:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2013, 10:35 PM) *
biggrin.gif Well, I think we made a good team without even speaking to one another about what we should say to the dude, eh? biggrin.gif

The League Of Extraordinary Axemen biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2013, 08:19 AM
Instructor
wink.gif don't wanna brag about it but... tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:35 AM