> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Keith Scott Style (Bryan Adams), Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Feb 16 2017, 08:16 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Keith Scott Style (Bryan Adams) by Guido Bungenstock

Hi GMC

I gave the best of myself.

My point of view : I think that 3 technical sequences don't correspond with a level 3

00"52' : Fast licks
00"54' : Double stop + slide
01"01' : Fast Licks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Feb 17 2017, 06:19 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2017, 02:47 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

I've just commented this take, and your previous ones at the mentoring thread, so I'm here just for grading. Let's see what the other instructors have to add.

About the level, we will re-check it. Thanks for notifying.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2017, 03:43 PM
Instructor
PS: So funny to see that I was here just for grading and I didn't grade! Fixed now. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 17 2017, 03:43 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 18 2017, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

First of all...your self-judgment is spot on and it's very important for your self-developement.

In general I hear a piece of great work that basically you made us get used to, when you post a take.

I would like to focus your attention of a few "irregularities" that caught my attention and may be the cause of some pitch issues.
You vibrato direction is quite random. I caught you doing it with left index finger upwards which seems to be much more uncomfortable than doing it downwards. It's related to the amount of control we have over string, while using singe finger to bend it.
Vibrato is in fact a series of little bends. Whne you try to push the string up with a single finger, there's a huge risk it will slip or you will not match release pressure well enough, to cross the point of perfect pitch.

When we consider simple physics, it seems to be more logical to pull the string downwards and then by releasing the pressure it goes to a perfect pitch by itself. It's just the way nature helps us to make things better and easier. Of course it's opposite to vibrated bends but that's why there is so much of pitch problems all over - because it's harder to control the pitch this way. So my conclusion is....make things the simple way if there is one smile.gif

Exception is the E1 string....to be clear

I like what I see on the field of noise muting. For example at 0:41 I would do exactly the same. Shaping my left index finger straight and flat to secure all other strings that could affect the vibrated note you played. Those are bonus points for you.

Speaking of noise muting I belive your left hand shaping is on a good way to have it done perfectly yet it's still a little too rounded/circled. Playing things from a funk/jazz/fusion category, you've posted before, didn't demand such a high care for noise muting, but in this particular take with this particular distortion amount it's worth to take things to even higher level.

Generally creating good habits, making things simple and creating "regularities" in your hand/fingers motion is a key to avoid issue on faster runs or pitch issues.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 20 2017, 12:21 PM
Instructor
Hi Manu this is really good. What a great tone as well!

Darius has made a good observation about the vibrato technique. I follow a general rule with vibrato.

Vibrato is always downwards directed on all strings apart from the B and high E string.

On the B string you can do downwards vibrato but only narrow vibrato. Nothing over a semitone. On the B you have a choice of narrow downwards vibrato, or upwards vibrato - where you can add more if required. Classical vibrato is also an option on the higher strings.

With the E string, vibrato can only be directed upwards. (unless you use classical vibrato but not many people use it on the electric. Only weirdos like me)

That vibrato you did on the last string bend was brilliant, by the way wink.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 20 2017, 01:47 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:13 PM