Yet Another Improv, but i like to sahre it with you
fzalfa
Oct 1 2016, 02:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi here

Today, as some other days, i liek to take random backtrack on Youtube and jam on.

Since some days i feel some change in my way to play, certainely the reward of my work with Todd.

So i have done a video take this morning, nothing intentionnal, only improv.

You'll find missed notes, my taping part was not planed, so it sound a bit weird..... like to whole video.

But i like to have you advices and comments

Cheers

Laurent

*"share" in the topic description.... not sahre

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Oct 1 2016, 02:38 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 1 2016, 07:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
Congrats Laurent, I can see huge improvements in your playing (speed, bends pitch). Definitely your work with Todd gives you visible results wink.gif

I have two advice:
1.You hold the pick on the flat side of the first finger instead to the side of the finger. At some point this thing can gives you troubles. I made the same mistake and I played in this way more than one year. I will not lie to you and I will tell you that it's not easy to change this habit (definitely for me it wasn't easy). Few days you will have the feeling that you can not play but believe me it worth to fix this.
2. From my point of view I think you have too many picked notes. This thing puts a shadow especially over slower licks. Maybe would be a good idea if you will replace some of them with slides, bends, pull-off, etc. Will make your take to sound more fluid wink.gif

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Oct 1 2016, 07:33 PM

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 1 2016, 08:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Monica

Thanks for watching, about the pick holding, can you illustrate , i do not understand.

Yes i must make use of these tech instead of picking, i'll try to !!

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 1 2016, 08:40 PM
GMC Founder
Very nice -

You are making quick technical progress so I haven't got too much to say about that - keep up the good work and be sure to prioritise your vibrato practicing. Your vibrato feels shallow and a bit uncontrolled.

Musically I can hear (and I know from before) - that you have a desire / need to just jam away. You have got a lot to say!

This is awesome and can be a big advantage, make sure you try as many new backing tracks as possible. Don't be afraid to try completely new styles and sounds. The more new things you try - the faster you will progress (even though it might not always feels like that in the short run).

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 1 2016, 09:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank you Chris , thkx for watching

i'll work on my vibrato, it need smile.gif

About Backtracking jam, i try to jam on any style, with and without succes....

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 1 2016, 10:06 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 1 2016, 10:14 PM) *
About Backtracking jam, i try to jam on any style, with and without succes....

Yes that's how it is! It's important to play over new kind of music just because it's fun to try (it won't sound good in the beginning - and that's not the point either).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 1 2016, 10:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 1 2016, 07:09 PM) *
Hi Monica

Thanks for watching, about the pick holding, can you illustrate , i do not understand.

Yes i must make use of these tech instead of picking, i'll try to !!

Cheers

Laurent

I tried to upload pictures but the file is larger than the available space. Anyway, I found a very, very old video made by Darek. It's about alternate picking but at 0:38 you can see how he hold the pick.
Of course there is no "right" or "wrong" way to hold a guitar pick but sometimes a tiny detail can be helpful. For me this helped me to increase the speed and also gave me a complete control over the pick wink.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 2 2016, 07:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Monica

i have understand how to do, it's a bit different of my habit, but i try this one method

thank you for the advice

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 2 2016, 09:07 AM
Learning Roadie
About my pick handling, this is how i handle it

it's the right one i think no ?

[attachment=45256:Picture_8.jpg]

[attachment=45257:Picture_9.jpg]

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 2 2016, 10:26 AM
Learning Tone Master
Exactly, you understood what I wanted to said. In your second photo is very visible that it's on the flat side of the first finger (it's exactly how I saw in your video). Just go with it to the side of the finger (like in the photo that I sent you on FB). When it's in the position about I'm talking, in the moment when you will press on it with the thumb, you will feel the resistance of the bone of the first finger not the soft part of the first finger (I wish to know how is named this soft part of the finger in english tongue.gif). This resistance will give you stability.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 8 2016, 09:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi here

Another Jamm'in onto a cool track. a 7minutes long solo.....

i have pick this randomly, listen the first minutes to taste it and record a take.

i lack of "vocabulary" but i can play almost what i feel.....

comment and advices are very welcome (it's why i share)

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 9 2016, 07:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

i have revisited the end part..... was really failed in the previous one, this one is less failed... or so

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Wyverex
Oct 9 2016, 09:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I like the spanish vibe! smile.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 10 2016, 06:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Wyverex

thanks for watching both

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Chris Harrington
Oct 10 2016, 06:41 PM
Instructor
Sounds great Laurent, your timing and note choices are really nice! Really like the final video (ending)

Chris biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my LESSONS.
My YouTube

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 10 2016, 07:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks you Chris !!! biggrin.gif

more to come, i love (and Khristopher suggest me to) jam on random BT from youtube, i just have recorded something more "rock n roll"

i'm a bit amazed about what i can do, even in faults and even in acceptable stuff

Cheers

Laurent

Hi

this is another Jam from now on another utube BT

Enought with Jammin, i must work on the Mission #50...

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:21 AM