One Big, Big Regret...
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2023, 08:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
In 2004 I nearly bought a JPM100 P1 for about 1200 USD. Instead I bought a Schecter 7 string for 1k that I later sold for about 300 USD. Look at the prices of the JPM100 P1 now:

https://reverb.com/item/65393881-ibanez-jpm-100-1995-picasso?

https://reverb.com/item/62386539-ibanez-jpm100-p1-petrucci

Few years ago one sold for about 7000 USD here in Denmark. Now we're talking 14.000 and 25.000 USD.

Gotta not think too much about it or I'll cry myself to sleep at night laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 5 2023, 09:05 AM
Learning Roadie
When I was 16 in 1989. My dad was away with work and an American serviceman was selling a 1962 Fender Strat for ~ £500 . My dad came home empty handed and said he would have got it for me but thought it might have been too old.

I bought my US Telecaster a few months later for roughly the same price.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 5 2023, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 5 2023, 01:05 AM) *
I bought my US Telecaster a few months later for roughly the same price.

Hang on to it.
Currently, American Standard Teles from '89/'90 are going for $1500 to $1800 on average. It's only gonna go up.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2023, 03:11 AM
GMC:er
Yup wink.gif That blue ibby you have will probably be worth a Porsche in a few years smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 8 2023, 04:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 8 2023, 04:11 AM) *
Yup wink.gif That blue ibby you have will probably be worth a Porsche in a few years smile.gif

Holding on to it, but mostly for sentimental reasons. The price of it has gone up, that's true. Bought it used for about $700, now they go for around $1500 on Reverb. However, the body of mine is not in a good condition anymore, and it's just showing wear from having been used - which is a testament to me playing more than previously, so that's good. Probably near 50 dings etc.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 19 2023, 02:52 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 5 2023, 03:41 PM) *
Hang on to it.
Currently, American Standard Teles from '89/'90 are going for $1500 to $1800 on average. It's only gonna go up.

It's well worn and modded, but as my 1st proper electric guitar, it isn't going anywhere, we've got so much history together, many gigs and fun times.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:26 PM