Question About Legato Etude Lesson
Spenser
Jan 29 2024, 02:41 PM
GMC:er
i have been playing guitar for about 4 years. my legato technique is pretty good but it feels sloppy. while using this video to learn and perfect it i realized that my left thumb posture on the neck was incorrect and while fretting the lower strings i would turn my left hand outward. now that i have corrected the posture and technique i feel much slower. should i continue to play with the incorrect technique or keep practicing with the fixed technique even though its slower?

Link to lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...o-etude-lesson/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 29 2024, 03:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Spenser!

My advice is to keep practicing using the correct technique. You feel much slower now because you haven't gotten used to the "new technique" yet (the one step back, two steps forward rule). You have nothing to worry about. We've all been through it. smile.gif

​Have a great day!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Spenser
Jan 29 2024, 03:34 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jan 29 2024, 02:27 PM) *
Hi Spenser!

My advice is to keep practicing using the correct technique. You feel much slower now because you haven't gotten used to the "new technique" yet (the one step back, two steps forward rule). You have nothing to worry about. We've all been through it. smile.gif

​Have a great day!

okay! im sure continuing to practice the correct technique will be better for me in the long run. thank you biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 29 2024, 03:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Spenser @ Jan 29 2024, 02:34 PM) *
okay! im sure continuing to practice the correct technique will be better for me in the long run. thank you biggrin.gif

You're welcome. smile.gif
If you have more questions or you need help with the lessons, let us know. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 30 2024, 09:02 PM
GMC Founder
Very cool you found this antique lesson 😁

I agree with Monica, however best would be if we could see your technique.

We really don’t want you to spend time relearning the wrong way 👊

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spenser
Jan 31 2024, 12:54 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 30 2024, 08:02 PM) *
Very cool you found this antique lesson 😁

I agree with Monica, however best would be if we could see your technique.

We really don’t want you to spend time relearning the wrong way 👊

no worries! i corrected my form and now it is much better and i play more fluently now smile.gif also i just noticed why you called the lesson antique! it was made when i was only 3 years old !!

This post has been edited by Spenser: Jan 31 2024, 01:01 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 31 2024, 09:54 PM
GMC Founder
Ok great!👊

And wow that’s really cool - this lesson is almost as old as you! Crazy how some skills are just timeless 😎

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:19 PM