46 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 40 > »   
What You're Listening Now
Todd Simpson
Jul 11 2021, 09:18 PM
GMC:er
I always enjoy the vids you share in this thread Mertay. You always suprise me with your choices and it lets me get a chance to see and hear stuff that I might otherwise miss. I wanted to thank you for that. You've made this thread an important part of GMC.

P.S. That final scene in this video where the sign says ABATTOIR, it's french for SLAUGHTERHOUSE smile.gif A bit of a "Momento Mori" moment for the pigs who are stand ins for people/society. Cool vid!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 11 2021, 02:01 PM) *

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 12 2021, 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 11 2021, 08:18 PM) *

Glad you liked them smile.gif

I guess the more I age the more I like playing guitar in context to music rather than for the sake of playing guitar, so though probably most I share isn't guitar focused I still feel it has a positive affect on my playing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 12 2021, 05:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 13 2021, 12:31 AM
This is another great share. I almost forgot about this song in this game. I remember seeing it now and thinking I should go dig it up on youtube. Forgot all about it until your share just now. Super thanks for bringing this one to the thread. It's a very cool cover of a classic tune. I've enjoyed many of the covers of this song, but this one is very spiff because it's just so simple.

I too notice that my view on music has shifted as I get a bit older. It's not just about the execution, it's about the music itself and why it found a reason to exist.

For folks who have not heard of this game, it was a big deal. part 1 and part 2 were both pretty amazing games. It's one of the games that many folks didn't expect to like (I didn't think I'd like it) but the story is so compelling, that you get attached to the characters like you do in a good book or movie. This game really impressed me with how deep it pulls you in to it's world. If you never played this one, it's worth a go imho. it changed the way I look at games. Before this one, I never thought I'd care about characters in a game.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 12 2021, 12:10 PM) *

Glad you liked them smile.gif

I guess the more I age the more I like playing guitar in context to music rather than for the sake of playing guitar, so though probably most I share isn't guitar focused I still feel it has a positive affect on my playing.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 13 2021, 06:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 15 2021, 12:08 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 15 2021, 06:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 16 2021, 11:47 AM

Their guitar player passed away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 17 2021, 01:56 PM

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 17 2021, 06:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 18 2021, 12:12 PM

Cool use of back vocals, their arrangement skills are off the charts

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 18 2021, 01:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 18 2021, 05:48 PM
Lovin' the 80's vibe of this!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 18 2021, 09:17 PM
From the previous song I shared (funny ending smile.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 19 2021, 12:38 AM
Learning Roadie
Huge thread - thought I'd jump in. Anybody say ERRA? Them and a lot of other bands on "flow" shuffle play on Deezer.

ERRA is my favorite band right now and the latest self-titled album is a fresh sound to their already great discography.

That riff at 3:10 is so crazy good and I wanna teach myself that one. This is the instrumental playthrough. Kinda nice to see these because you can just listen to the guitars without the vocals - which can really help if you are trying to learn something by ear.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 19 2021, 03:12 PM

One of the maybe first music video I remember watching as a kid. Funny I also remember not being scared of it but was wondering what was going on...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2021, 03:21 AM
Can't see the video? Maybe copyright issues?

Here is MARTY FRIEDMAN and ASATO doing an instrumental cover of the Crowded House classic " Don't Dream It's Over"

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 19 2021, 10:12 AM) *

One of the maybe first music video I remember watching as a kid. Funny I also remember not being scared of it but was wondering what was going on...

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 20 2021, 11:59 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 20 2021, 02:21 AM) *
Can't see the video? Maybe copyright issues?

Maybe USA specific, its Cure's lullaby video

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 21 2021, 10:15 PM
Loved that song smile.gif That was a great album by the cure. Some really cool shares in this thread!

Here is the new Andy James track.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 20 2021, 06:59 AM) *
Maybe USA specific, its Cure's lullaby video

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 22 2021, 06:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 27 2021, 02:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Reliving my youth yet again

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 27 2021, 08:57 PM
Thanks much for that. I"m officially now a fan. Love the retro thrash vibe but updated a bit. Great share!!

Here is a talented gal doing a NILE cover. She does wads of Necrophagist and such. I'm not a huge fan of her song choices but I do enjoy her guitar playing. Id like to see more original songs from her.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 27 2021, 09:28 AM) *
Reliving my youth yet again

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 29 2021, 07:45 AM
POP DJENT! Yup it had to happen some time. That's the genre of this new track. It's a bit poliphia with some light pop on top and some djent way underneath. Nothing agrro though to throw off pop fans. I can't say that I dig it, but I"m sure there are folks out there that will go crazy for it.

+Quote Post

46 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:41 PM