My "guitar Cv", - Oxac
Oxac
Sep 1 2009, 02:54 PM
GMC:er
I'll try to make this pretty short without unneccesary info, because I like it that way.

Goals:

Main Goal:
I don't want to feel limited by anything when I play my guitar

Minor Goals:

I want to have a dead on timing
I want my technique(s) to be flawless
I want to know all the theory there is
I want to be able to apply the theory without having to think too much when improvising etc
I want to be able to sight-read & sight-sing
I want to have a perfect relative pitch (knowing all of the intervals without having to think or doubt) + (hearing the cadences, chord voicings etc...)
I want to know exactly where every note is placed on the fretboard, instantly and how they relate to each other INSTANTLY
I want to have a good grip of styles
Have a good library of licks and tricks
Having a great time completing all of these above mentioned goals.

What I've accomplished so far:

My picking technique is well developed, speed and coordination isn't enough but atm it's the least of my concerns.

Strumming, raking, fingerpicking and such is not developed enough and I do need assistance with this.

My muting skills are ok, not perfect but other areas need much more improvement.

I do not know where all of the notes are located on the fretboard (instantly) I can think a little and reach all of them, only some I do "really" know.

What I do know of theory? Iaouch dude, hard to name. Some things are automated so to speak, maybe a little test?

I know what notes are contained in a lot of scales and arpeggios but I want to be 100% sure of every arpeggio and scale.

As far as relative pitch goes, I'm working on intervals mostly atm. I can sing a fifth up or down from a given note perfectly 10 times in a row (once I've warmed up and gotten the sound in my head properly, I do want to be able to skip the warmup though). I can do the same with a perfect fourth and I'm currently working on major thirds. I do this by picking a note on the guitar or piano then singing the interval up or down, checking if I'm correct.

My "prim a' vista" is non existant.

Music I like to listen to:

Currently I'm mostly listening to different styles of Jazz. Jazz blues, bossa nova, swing, etc. Like

Miles Davies & CO
Coltrane
CC Brown
Pat Metheny
Chick Corea
Robben Ford
Al Di Meola
Keith Jarret
Paco De Lucia
Beegie Adair
Stephane Grapelli
Wes Montgomery
Les Paul
Bill Frisell

& all quality music I can get my hands on.

I hope this is enough.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Oxac   My "guitar Cv"   Sep 1 2009, 02:54 PM
- - Pedja Simovic   Awesome Olle. If things work out I will definitely...   Sep 1 2009, 03:33 PM
- - Oxac   Sounds great man. I don't check my mail very o...   Sep 3 2009, 11:24 AM
|- - Pedja Simovic   QUOTE (Oxac @ Sep 3 2009, 12:24 PM) Sound...   Sep 3 2009, 12:00 PM
|- - Oxac   QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 3 2009, 01:00 ...   Sep 3 2009, 02:15 PM
|- - Pedja Simovic   QUOTE (Oxac @ Sep 3 2009, 03:15 PM) I cou...   Sep 3 2009, 04:22 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Frederik   what about school/job?   Sep 3 2009, 11:35 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:04 PM