2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What Do You Say To A Question Like This " Are You Good At Guitar ? "
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 4 2007, 06:00 PM
GMC Founder
I would answer no. If I ever start thinking great things about my ability I know for sure I'm going downhill...! sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeff
Apr 4 2007, 09:12 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 4 2007, 06:00 PM) *
I would answer no. If I ever start thinking great things about my ability I know for sure I'm going downhill...! sad.gif

No way man. Besides, no one would believe you. Especially here. I think you know that! biggrin.gif

Anyway, if you say "yes" you are not stating that you can not or will not get better, or that you are at a point where you don't believe that you need to get better. It's ok to say that you are good! Anyone would do a great diservice to themselves to work countless hours/years and practice like there is no tommorrow (like you do)only to state that they are not good and actually believe it.

It's just hard to think that way because you are humble - no??? cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 4 2007, 09:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have many points of view:
  • My guitar teacher, all other guitar teachers in the school and even the director say that I play nice. But I think that I still have to increase my technique, sound etc. a lot.
  • Like Pavel´s method.^^
  • It depends. Some people are good at technique, other in sound. I personally find that I have to improve my playing.

I answer with the 2nd and 3rd point in most of cases.

This post has been edited by Tolek: Apr 4 2007, 09:40 PM

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Apr 4 2007, 10:42 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 2 2007, 10:42 AM) *
Yes this is a very diffuclt and common question...! I still don't know what to answer.

Lies.

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
moles
Apr 5 2007, 01:51 AM
when people ask me i hardly ever give them a straight answer tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 7 2007, 05:54 PM
Next time someone asks me this very question im going to give them this website adress www.guitarmasterclass.net and tell them that the weird men playing in all these different videos are my personal instructors.

biggrin.gif tongue.gif

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 7 2007, 06:44 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Apr 7 2007, 12:54 PM) *
Next time someone asks me this very question im going to give them this website adress www.guitarmasterclass.net and tell them that the weird men playing in all these different videos are my personal instructors.
biggrin.gif tongue.gif

- John

Hah! Great answer!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:09 AM