New To Ibanez
kerupt
May 12 2007, 03:54 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, just picked up my first Ibanez RG series (been playing on a Strat for years), and I love the guitar. Recommendations from friends paid off. Picked up an RG5EX1 yesterday and I love it, but I'm having problems keeping it in tune. It seems to go sharp pretty quickly after a bit of playing, then I have to undo the screws at the top of the neck, retune it, then set them again.

Any tips for taking care of this guitar and keeping it in tune better? Thanks

~Ben

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
kerupt
May 12 2007, 10:44 PM
GMC:er
Anyone have tips on this? Just starting to improve my speed picking ability and control and would really like to know how to take care of this better and what the deal with the tuning is. If anyone has any tips or a site they can direct me to, let me know!

This is the guitar:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/b...l_sku=103574026

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 12 2007, 11:13 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Your guitar got a double locking tremolo, set the tremolo aligned to the body. Search the site for instructions how to!
You have a new guitar so I'm guessing new strings, they need stretching or just simply play them for a few hours and they are set.

Good luck :-)

This post has been edited by MickeM: May 12 2007, 11:14 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 13 2007, 02:58 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This should help alot, he does a good job explaining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1c-7-VMY_w

Its for floyd roses, but they are pretty much the same thing as Edge Pro on Ibanezs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:33 AM