4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Worst Band?
Duncan
Jan 24 2008, 12:36 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (JakeDalton @ Jan 24 2008, 05:26 AM) *
Lol when i was 14 or something i had this hatred for that band crazytown....crap i think i still do..

Good call. Words cannot describe how much I hate this band. They did a cover of Refused - New Noise, and absolutely slaughtered it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1o6_Bw2FBo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 24 2008, 03:23 PM
Well I don't really know any worst bands. I just hate the once that are in it for the trend of the music. I remember when Metalcore was still acceptable and now its just as drown out as any pop punk or anything mainstream really.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Gwazi
Jan 24 2008, 03:36 PM
I hate bands that don't play well.

mad.gif

--------------------

Signature

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Jan 25 2008, 04:20 AM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 19 2008, 11:05 AM) *
Wow I can't believe they raped a Dick Dale song. We can't download tabs because of copyright issues, but crappy artists like Black Eyed Peas can sample songs, WTF is up with that?

you need to get permisson from the original artist in order to commercially sample anything.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Jan 25 2008, 04:22 AM
I'll go on record saying that i LOVE blink 182. i would not have picked up guitar were it not for Tom Delonge's simple riffs that you guys make fun of. Sum 41 was the first band i listened to, i love their work as well. Dookie is a favorite album of mine as well.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Gen
Jan 25 2008, 04:32 AM
QUOTE (chast @ Jan 19 2008, 04:28 PM) *
For people over 14 and people who arent girls, its probably Tokio Hotel tongue.gif
No, it's just, that I really dont like them, I just can't stand that music.
Gen, I am sorry to tell you this, but Tokio Hotel isn't cool! tongue.gif

Hey Chast, yes, i agree with you, tokio hotel is a really bad band in my opinion aswell, i dont get why you are sorry to tell it to me though, by the way,
i got this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Vd8TM9NsM in my email box today, it was coming
from you, i didnt know you like this kind of music tongue.gif The sentence(view quote) in bold letters may explain the vid... laugh.gif

Back on topic!
If i had to pick a band i dislike the most(without considering boys bands, etc), i would say Dragonforce, i just dont like their songs, melodies, its boring to me, and played way to fast! Im not against fast stuff at all but there is still a limit imo; their songs sounds like there are speeded up, just my personal opinion smile.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Gen
Jan 25 2008, 04:47 AM
QUOTE (TortillaShred @ Jan 20 2008, 09:15 AM) *
but I really don't see LaBrie getting involved with his audience wink.gif

You think so?
I think he's pretty much "involved" with his audience in that vid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzsSZly1FZU
laugh.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jan 26 2008, 11:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybDCObQRRM4

Worst band ever end of story. Anyone who thinks they have 1 miligram of talent needs some serious reconsideration. I mean just listen to the opening vocal note, HORRIBLE. 2:40-3:00 is unbelievably horrible. The singer runs out of breath and all the members get out of sync and they have to stop while performing then start roflcopter. The last 10 seconds are so funny as well.

EDIT: I thought A7x was bad until I saw this. A7x is the best band ever when compared to this one.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jan 26 2008, 11:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 26 2008, 11:27 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 26 2008, 10:25 AM) *

Worst band ever end of story. Anyone who thinks they have 1 miligram of talent needs some serious reconsideration. I mean just listen to the opening vocal note, HORRIBLE. 2:40-3:00 is unbelievably horrible. The singer runs out of breath and all the members get out of sync and they have to stop while performing then start roflcopter. The last 10 seconds are so funny as well.

Pretty bad ohmy.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 26 2008, 11:28 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 26 2008, 05:25 PM) *

definately cant disagree...they suck HORRIBLY BAD.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 27 2008, 06:03 AM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 26 2008, 04:25 PM) *

EDIT: I thought A7x was bad until I saw this. A7x is the best band ever when compared to this one.

LMAO laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 27 2008, 07:22 AM
Learning Roadie
I'd like to add this band I just found called The Helio Sequence. Haven't listened to their catalogue but if its like what I heard then they're painfully boring wannabe pop rock band that suffers from too many simple arpeggio guitar parts and a huge overproduction and effect overuse problem blink.gif Really don't like that kind of music laugh.gif So that'd be like... Angels and Airwaves too I guess tongue.gif But I like a little blink.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Miguel
Jan 28 2008, 05:53 AM
i bet you'll hate this, and when i mean hate i mean hate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzdQFkFSlKA

NOTE: this video may cause severe traumas... do not watch if you are sensible to bad "music".

This post has been edited by Miguel: Jan 28 2008, 05:57 AM

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 28 2008, 05:56 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Miguel @ Jan 27 2008, 11:53 PM) *
i bet you'll hate this, and when i mean hate i mean hate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzdQFkFSlKA

Not the worse thing I've ever seen but pretty bad ohmy.gif

What was up with that video? Were they doing mushrooms?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jan 28 2008, 06:06 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jan 27 2008, 10:56 PM) *
Not the worse thing I've ever seen but pretty bad ohmy.gif

What was up with that video? Were they doing mushrooms?

I thought it was fine. More for kids, not me, but they had a good groove. Why knock them?

Then again, I like Green Day. At least their older stuff. Newer stuff is ok, just they had already done it, and done it better for the most part.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 28 2008, 06:32 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 28 2008, 12:06 AM) *
I thought it was fine. More for kids, not me, but they had a good groove. Why knock them?

Then again, I like Green Day. At least their older stuff. Newer stuff is ok, just they had already done it, and done it better for the most part.

I like greenday too. I think they did fine too, but it's just the kind of thing that makes me nuts tongue.gif It was pretty tight though, I'll give em that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 30 2008, 09:00 PM
I'm not usually one to rip on a band but..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npm_BJXSZhs
Just.....no.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 30 2008, 09:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Im really not fond of Fall Out Boy dry.gif I dont like Green Days new stuff either. Their old stuff wasn't bad though.

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Jan 31 2008, 11:40 AM
Too many to choose from, but here is quite a funny article.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:20 AM