Paul Gilbert String Skipping Arpeggio, Transcriber needed! please apply within
DeepRoots
May 12 2007, 05:36 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Hey GMCers, i was checking out a video on youtube that showed Paul Gilbert tearing up some string skipping arpeggios - heres the link- CLICK ME!!!

I managed to figure out the first and second arpeggios, ( even though i definitley cant play them up to his tempo) but i cant manage to pick out the little pattern he puts at the end of the second arpeggio. Im quite certain its his "trademark pattern" and im desperate to get playing it. can anybody help transcribe it (Into tab would be super)

Thanks guys, look forward to a reply!

DeepRoots

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 13 2007, 09:24 PM
Lets go fishing!
Sorry dude, I cannot help but I like your taste in music non the less! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 14 2007, 12:41 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (mattacuk @ May 13 2007, 09:24 PM) *
Sorry dude, I cannot help but I like your taste in music non the less! biggrin.gif

well i liked it so much i decided to just do it myself- prety sure its right....what do you guys think?

CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK ME

if you cant play it (like me) try tapping it into guitar pro or power tab

DeepRoots

+Quote Post
petadeer
May 14 2007, 02:15 AM
GMC:er
he plays explains it note for note... in fact, this has been requested at Racer X Aslyum with very good transcribers and the requester got turned down. "quit being lazy"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 14 2007, 12:57 PM
Lets go fishing!
Classic Gilbert lick, sounds like a part of Scarified!!! Im going to a bash of this smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 14 2007, 06:54 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (petadeer @ May 14 2007, 02:15 AM) *
he plays explains it note for note... in fact, this has been requested at Racer X Aslyum with very good transcribers and the requester got turned down. "quit being lazy"

uhhh well im prety sure i jus transcribed it so hows that being lazy?>
Like i said, the arpeggios were easy enough its jus his funny little pattern that he cudn slow down enough for some of us "less-extraordinary" guitarists.

+Quote Post
ezravdb
May 17 2007, 01:49 PM
YOU MEAN >THIS< ?? biggrin.gif
at the end of the video wink.gif

Buckethead uses this lick also in his shred scale runs.

This post has been edited by ezravdb: May 17 2007, 04:59 PM

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 17 2007, 07:05 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (ezravdb @ May 17 2007, 01:49 PM) *
YOU MEAN >THIS< ?? biggrin.gif
at the end of the video wink.gif

Buckethead uses this lick also in his shred scale runs.

your my hero! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ezravdb
May 17 2007, 07:23 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ May 17 2007, 08:05 PM) *
your my hero! biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:19 AM