5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Leaving Gmc
Pi38
Apr 16 2008, 09:54 PM
GMC:er
Yeah, if people just tell you the "right" way to play, then you won't have your own, unique, style.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Apr 16 2008, 09:54 PM
If you can't learn from this site, then there is something wrong with you. In the six months I've been here, I've learned way more and improved more than I did with 2+ years of private lessons; not to mention that private lessons cost WAY more. Finding this site was one of the best things that has happened to me during the past year; it has renewed my passion for playing the guitar, and the community here is the best that I have ever come across on the web.

Like others have said if you don't like it, you're entitled to your opinion, and you're free to leave.
I won't be following you anytime soon though tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nick325
Apr 16 2008, 10:00 PM
if you dont like it leave.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 16 2008, 10:08 PM
Lets go fishing!
Well it sure is a shame you dont like GMC but.... really I see no need to announce your leaving.

What do you want exactly for such a small fee? I and many others have managed to build up a solid skill set from scratch. That is not just technique, but theory also. Sure I have had to be proactive about peiceing everything together, but thats what learning is all about smile.gif

Something is only rewarding if your prepared to be the effort in. Sorry if thats not what you wanted to here, but its a fact of life.

Goodbye and Good luck in whatever you do wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Apr 16 2008, 10:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thank God everybody thinks different, do you imagine how would it be if everyone thought the same way? Good luck finding something that fits your needs at this moment.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 16 2008, 10:19 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
drw84215 - not constructive at all, somewhat rude really.

I'm starting to see where the problem really is at. Announcing your departure and all... rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Apr 16 2008, 10:19 PM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 16 2008, 10:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
Elvis has left the building !!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 16 2008, 10:23 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Apr 16 2008, 10:08 PM) *
Something is only rewarding if your prepared to be the effort in. Sorry if thats not what you wanted to here, but its a fact of life.

Absolutly spot on! nothing is handed to you on a plate, its all about hard work and effort, if these guys (both members & instructors) dont give you the motivation and inspiration to do that then I dont really know what will.

I think by the sounds of it you miss the point about the lessons, these guys are sharing with you a wealth of experience and knowledge, things they have taken many years to learn and master, and they are showing you how to do it without the frustrating bit in between where else will you get that for such a small fee?
Take what they are showing you and USE it for yourself, thats what will help you develop as a guitarist with your OWN style.
If theres things you wanted to know or be shown why didnt you simply ask??

I wish you luck on your guitar learning journey I hope you find what you are looking for.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Apr 16 2008, 10:29 PM
There are plenty of good lessons on this site.

I do not care how many instructors there are to be honest, if you are looking for good quality lessons, why do you care about how many instructors make them? It seems you should be ONLY caring about quality, and nothing else, like you said, but you still manage to complain about instructor quantity, which you said you don't care about.

However, I am going to have to agree with him somewhat on the explanations in lessons, some lessons are just a video divided up with a tab, and I don't really get much out of them except maybe how to play the lesson, I am unable to apply them in other situations. There are some of Pavel's videos where he actually has the guitar there and is playing, talking, explaining, as the video goes, I like those kind. David Walliman makes really good lessons as well, I like the 5 minute or so spoken thing at the beginning of all his videos and how he lays it all out theory wise. Joe Kataldo also goes in depth very much when it comes to his lessons, I think all lessons should be like this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 16 2008, 10:40 PM
QUOTE (drw84215 @ Apr 16 2008, 08:57 PM) *
im leaving GMC. i am not happy with the website. the lessons are scattered everywhere. there is no logic. basicly a new teacher every time i log on. i feel like the lessons on the site are just to meet quota. a new lesson everyday? i dont want quanity i want GOOD quality. somthing i have not found in GMC. there are some good lessons. but for every good lesson there are 10 bad lessons. they dont explain anything. and nwo that pavel is gone im going to find a new way to learn guitar. thank you for a waste of time.

/wave

You are doing the right thing. If you don't like it, leave. No big deal.
You seem to regret trying out GMC. Never regret anything you have done. Regret the things you haven't done.

/bye

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 16 2008, 10:43 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Apr 16 2008, 11:40 PM) *
/wave

You are doing the right thing. If you don't like it, leave. No big deal.
You seem to regret trying out GMC. Never regret anything you have done. Regret the things you haven't done.

/bye

I think that sums it all up. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Apr 16 2008, 10:43 PM
A year ago I could only play pentatonic licks in A. Now I can pick up my axe and (almost) nail Marcus' Winding Roads.

'nuff said.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 16 2008, 10:48 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (drw84215 @ Apr 16 2008, 10:35 PM) *
im missing somthing on this site then because i dont see any of this. the lessons dont explain anything. they just say ok play this song like this. and thats it. they dont explain theory in the lesson or other ways to play what they are learnings. and besides the theory board the theory lessons suck. there are alot better websites out there. the mode lessons are pretty bad. but hey if this is ur idea of the best site ever then all power to u. sure i learned some cool riffs but i dont want to learn other no name guitar players riffs. i want to learn the theory behind stuff. any1 can play a cool metal progression when its tabbed out infrount of them

Ah, the lessons don't explain anything and the theory lessons suck and all you learn here is obviously no name guitarists riffs and there are, of course, tons of better websites out there..

Why are you still here again? rolleyes.gif

If you're this negative about it to begin with you're never gonna learn anything useful.
You need to want to learn and get better at the things you practice from lessons and the theory board, and not expect that everything will just pop into your mind and make you that much better just by looking at it.

I really hope you find another site that meets your demands on quality and learning curve, good luck smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 16 2008, 11:57 PM
Instructor
Another funny thread to say the least. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 17 2008, 12:06 AM
QUOTE (drw84215 @ Apr 16 2008, 03:35 PM) *
im missing somthing on this site then because i dont see any of this. the lessons dont explain anything. they just say ok play this song like this. and thats it. they dont explain theory in the lesson or other ways to play what they are learnings. and besides the theory board the theory lessons suck. there are alot better websites out there. the mode lessons are pretty bad. but hey if this is ur idea of the best site ever then all power to u. sure i learned some cool riffs but i dont want to learn other no name guitar players riffs. i want to learn the theory behind stuff. any1 can play a cool metal progression when its tabbed out infrount of them

I blame the American Public School system for this.

edit: oh, and televsion, can't leave them out in shaping thought processes such as we see here.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 17 2008, 12:09 AM

+Quote Post
sam47
Apr 17 2008, 12:12 AM
GOOD BYE , Who ever you are!!!!!

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Apr 17 2008, 12:21 AM
QUADRATIC FORMULA NUMBER 11!

ME + GMC= happy.gif

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 17 2008, 12:51 AM
I said it a long time ago in this thread, and I said it recently in the feedback forum. I got most of my learning from the 101 lessons, and I really liked them, but when kris stopped doing these lessons is when I stopped needing them, because I learned how to practice, how to phrase, and several speed lick ideas.

If you just started learning guitar then you probably need a more personal 1 on 1 feel, so go to the early 101 lessons, they are great and there are a good number of them(although I'd love to see more tongue.gif). Those have everything layed out and explained very well by a wierd, entertaining, really cool Swedish guy. tongue.gif

Isn't that what you wanted? More explanation, and how to apply it to your own playing? It's all here sir, you just gotto do a bit of digging, because most of the 101 lessons are old. Those explain how to do something and how to apply it to your own playing, after you finish those you should be able to benefit more from the current riff/licks/solo lessons. Is that not enough for you? I guess so.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Apr 17 2008, 01:38 AM
QUOTE (drw84215 @ Apr 16 2008, 09:35 PM) *

This post made me cringe. You blame instructors on being lazy and not pulling their part indirectly and then you fail to support your post with any grammar once so ever. People may take you more seriously if you didn't seem like a 9 year old kid whining.

Andrew's theory lessons are as good as they get, trust me, if you would like, I can post a picture of the theory instructional books I have spent about $100 on. After going through all these, I can safely say that with the proper time dedicated, asking questions, and studying and understanding, Andrew's theory lessons are all you will ever need. Music isn't about all about theory like you seem to think, I used to think it was, and trust me, it isn't. Most of the riffs and solos I have come up with are purely from what I hear in my head, I may use theory to perfect them or something, but overall, it is not THAT important. Especially melodic theory like scales/modes etc, frankly I understand them very well but they are of no use to me. Rhythmic theory I think is much more important and you should spend time on them.

You post makes no senese at the end. You don't want to learn "no name guitar player riffs," so that means what you want to learn is guitar riffs that are well-known, well guess what, you can get free tabs for those. Wait, you don't like tabs either. I just don't get what you want. And besides, no one says you have to look at the tabs in the lessons here, you can read the theory notes, learn the scales that the lesson is based in, and figure them out by ear, I have done it.

I could say much more, but for now I would just leave it that you are just way too ignorant to be talking right now.

/Bye

--------------------

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Apr 17 2008, 01:48 AM
WOAH! I love Andrews theory lessons and have learned a lot about music theory from them. Every day I print one up, and every day I read it in school. They are top of the line! And another thing. GMC CAN NOT tell you what to play, it here to teach you what you need to learn to develop you own riffs and such. They give you example to learn and you apply it. GMC gives you the education, but you need to work on your end to apply what you learned to your instrument.

This post has been edited by ibanezkiller: Apr 17 2008, 01:48 AM

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 07:53 PM