4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
**Valley Soldiers**, Uploads
Chris Evans
Dec 21 2007, 10:33 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Use this board to upload your tracks, takes etc

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 23 2007, 03:17 AM
GMC:er
Post 2 will be edited several times.

The first 3 files are the same beat at different speeds to jam to. We can change um any way you want. But once you get to playing with them the are pretty easy to write to. No key or tempos are set yet so have at it.

Attached File  Simple_Beat_110.mp3 ( 1.6MB ) Number of downloads: 277

This one is a take I just wrote for the fun of it. Done in Em

Attached File  Fun_Take_Beat_W_fills_80.mp3 ( 189.29K ) Number of downloads: 334

This one is the drum track behind the fun take.

[attachment=3097:attachment]

Our first goal is to come up with a couple catchy rhythms to build from, we can see how that goes. Get a couple, we can write better drums. All band members input needed.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 2 2008, 04:35 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Dec 24 2007, 03:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello all and seasons greetings.

I thought I'd post this little ditty which is a fairly simple picked piece.

Its in the key of C# minor, (unusual I know) and played at 100bpm. It may not be in the rocking style you're looking for but I think it may help as a spring board for further ideas.

Let me know what you think.

Wishing you all the best for Christmas and the New Year

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Song_Intro_no_solo.mp3 ( 2.22MB ) Number of downloads: 416

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 24 2007, 04:13 PM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Dec 24 2007, 08:45 AM) *
Hello all and seasons greetings.

I thought I'd post this little ditty which is a fairly simple picked piece.

Its in the key of C# minor, (unusual I know) and played at 100bpm. It may not be in the rocking style you're looking for but I think it may help as a spring board for further ideas.

Let me know what you think.

Wishing you all the best for Christmas and the New Year

Beautiful, Can't wait to get off work today and play with it, great contribution. wink.gif

Great key biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: May 10 2008, 07:11 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Dec 24 2007, 07:12 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Dec 24 2007, 03:13 PM) *
Beautiful, Can't what to get off work today and play with it, great contribution. wink.gif

Great key biggrin.gif

Thanks for your comments Leedbreak smile.gif

Its a little rough in places but I had to get it down while it was in my head and I had other stuff to do today.

I forgot to mention the chords for the song are C#m / A add9 / F#11. They may sound exotic but dead easy to play smile.gif

|---0---|------0-----|-----0-----|
|---5---|------0-----|-----0-----|
|---6---|------6-----|-----3-----|
|---6---|------7-----|-----4-----|
|---4---|------7-----|-----4-----|
|---x---|------5-----|-----2-----|

--C#m----Aadd9------F#11

Thanks again.

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 25 2007, 02:49 AM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Dec 24 2007, 12:12 PM) *

Its a little rough in places but I had to get it down while it was in my head and I had other stuff to do today.

I forgot to mention the chords for the song are C#m / A add9 / F#11. They may sound exotic but dead easy to play smile.gif
|---0---|------0-----|-----0-----|
|---5---|------0-----|-----0-----|
|---6---|------6-----|-----3-----|
|---6---|------7-----|-----4-----|
|---4---|------7-----|-----4-----|
|---x---|------5-----|-----2-----|

--C#m----Aadd9------F#11

Thanks again.

Best I can tell we will need to always be recording with or over a track from my software even if it is just a metronome click. I do not know of anyway to avoid timing issues. Your piece has intro possibilities, but also verse possibility too. We have to get the timing right to start out or matching it with say a single drum track could be a nightmare.

Would also need it recorded one with a backing and one without. But without is most important. don't want to hear the click or any other backing in the track we are planning to mix in.

For the time being we will call our song at 100 BPM or the speed of this file. Remember, I can change the speed if needed but once you like it we will move forward at this speed to see how it goes.

Would you mind recording again using this beat. This should be very close to what you recorded at before if not, we can change it, thanks

1 min at about 100 BPM Attached File  crazyfret_Metro.mp3 ( 1.48MB ) Number of downloads: 263

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Dec 25 2007, 02:58 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 25 2007, 07:18 AM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Dec 24 2007, 12:12 PM) *

On the other hand, I did say I couldn't wait to play with this one so here is total ad lib. At midnight my time, Christmas eve,
Kind of butchered areas but great feel in others. biggrin.gif

Attached File  Over_Crazyfrets_1.mp3 ( 1.49MB ) Number of downloads: 311
Little more added on Christmas day

And lots of lyrics coming into my head now. I like the idea of crazyfret's riff for into and verse

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Dec 26 2007, 05:45 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 26 2007, 05:52 AM
Hey, Arrival. Can't wait for your first upload. Your knowledge seems as it will really help us out in this quest.

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Dec 27 2007, 09:53 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey there Leedbreak,

Please find attached song intro with your click backing. Let me know if its ok or to record it again.

Thanks

Crazyfret

Attached File(s)
Attached File  100bpm_song_with_intro.mp3 ( 1.45MB ) Number of downloads: 304

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Dec 30 2007, 02:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Hiya Leedbreak,

As promised here is the intro for the 100bpm song without the click

Hope its ok

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Dec 30 2007, 02:03 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  100bpm_song_no_click.mp3 ( 1.45MB ) Number of downloads: 340

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 31 2007, 04:03 AM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Dec 30 2007, 07:03 AM) *
Hiya Leedbreak,

As promised here is the intro for the 100bpm song without the click

Hope its ok

Yes, perfect thanks a lot, keep them ideas floating, on all aspects of the song. wink.gif

I will have more in a few hours.

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 31 2007, 07:48 PM
Well, here is the first rough mix of more than one Soldiers playing. This is getting fun now. At this point everything can still be changed but for now we will move in this direction. All members let me know if you need anything such as a drum track to play with or some sort of other backing. If other members write what they feel while playing in C# minor, I think we will have what we need.
If you need the scale diagram let me know.

C# / Ddm - D# / Ed dim - F#/ Gdm G# Adm - A - B

Attached File  First_Mix.mp3 ( 1.47MB ) Number of downloads: 291

I am really looking forward to the other soldiers' uploads.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Dec 31 2007, 08:12 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 5 2008, 02:13 AM
Hey Crazyfret.
I am still having a little problem with your riff's tempo. No matter where I set the tempo if ends up out of time or out of tune.

This first file is as close as I can get it.
Attached File  1_04_08Crazyfrets_intro.mp3 ( 752.15K ) Number of downloads: 257

This next file is just the backing so you can play around and see if you can make it better. Try is with a little distortion and muting.
Attached File  1_04_08Crazyfrets_intro_just_backing.mp3 ( 752.15K ) Number of downloads: 237

All remember I will add better drums latter.

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 5 2008, 11:34 PM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Dec 31 2007, 12:48 PM) *
Well, here is the first rough mix of more than one Soldiers playing. This is getting fun now. At this point everything can still be changed but for now we will move in this direction. All members let me know if you need anything such as a drum track to play with or some sort of other backing. If other members write what they feel while playing in C# minor, I think we will have what we need.
If you need the scale diagram let me know.
C# / Ddm - D# / Ed dim - F#/ Gdm G# Adm - A - B

Attached File  First_Mix.mp3 ( 1.47MB ) Number of downloads: 291

I am really looking forward to the other soldiers' uploads.

i really like the mix man, i got alot of ideas for lyrics when i listened to it! And guitar playing ideas as well! Cant wait to start smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 6 2008, 04:39 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 5 2008, 04:34 PM) *
i really like the mix man, i got alot of ideas for lyrics when i listened to it! And guitar playing ideas as well! Cant wait to start smile.gif

Cool, just jump in there any chance you get.

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 6 2008, 12:49 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Jan 5 2008, 01:13 AM) *
Hey Crazyfret.
I am still having a little problem with your riff's tempo. No matter where I set the tempo if ends up out of time or out of tune.
This first file is as close as I can get it.
Attached File  1_04_08Crazyfrets_intro.mp3 ( 752.15K ) Number of downloads: 257

This next file is just the backing so you can play around and see if you can make it better. Try is with a little distortion and muting.
Attached File  1_04_08Crazyfrets_intro_just_backing.mp3 ( 752.15K ) Number of downloads: 237

All remember I will add better drums latter.

Hiya Leedbreak,

Yeah I'll tighten up on my timing I'll play it against your backing I'll think that might be easier.

I've also posted a riff / song called Maelstrom It needs bass line adding and prob a better drum backing track. Can post a version without the drims if you like

The main riff is F#5 / A5 / G5 /A5 then for the 'chorus / middle 8th' it changes to A5 / C5 / D5 / G5. Its good for playing Em pentatonic over it.

Thanks again

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Jan 6 2008, 01:04 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Maelstrom.mp3 ( 3.82MB ) Number of downloads: 322

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 6 2008, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jan 6 2008, 05:49 AM) *
Hiya Leedbreak,

Yeah I'll tighten up on my timing I'll play it against your backing I'll think that might be easier.

I've also posted a riff / song called Maelstrom It needs bass line adding and prob a better drum backing track. Can post a version without the drims if you like

The main riff is F#5 / A5 / G5 /A5 then for the 'chorus / middle 8th' it changes to A5 / C5 / D5 / G5. Its good for playing Em pentatonic over it.

Thanks again

Very Nice, I shall tinker today. wink.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 6 2008, 11:33 PM
ok leedbreak...heres the little song thing i promised..i personally dont like it at all, but tell me ways to make it better because it's very rough right now....i also didnt play it over a backing track so the timing will be off(if that matters for this...)i dont know if this will be used, but if you like any of it you can take the part out that you like.

Attached File  little_song.wav ( 6.31MB ) Number of downloads: 224

This post has been edited by stratman33: Jan 6 2008, 11:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 7 2008, 12:05 AM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jan 6 2008, 04:33 PM) *
ok leedbreak...heres the little song thing i promised..i personally dont like it at all, but tell me ways to make it better because it's very rough right now....i also didnt play it over a backing track so the timing will be off(if that matters for this...)i dont know if this will be used, but if you like any of it you can take the part out that you like.
Attached File  little_song.wav ( 6.31MB ) Number of downloads: 224

Well, since joining GMC, I have learned that being in time is the most important thing you can do as a player. No matter how slow it is, it needs to be in time. Try playing with this drum track for the first half of your little song. Try to keep it in time. The second half needs to be with a totally different sound so just worry about the first half for now.

USE the 110 drums above

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 7 2008, 12:28 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 7 2008, 12:19 AM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jan 6 2008, 05:49 AM) *
Hiya Leedbreak,

Thanks again

This is very nice and the drums fit well to, my software says it is 110, that's ok but the other was 100 and I like this better so we can then decide to stay at 110.

So all members keep this in mind as you play to try to use the 110 drum backing I posted most of the time as it will help to have all things at the same speed.
Still the true tempo is undecided but, thanks to crazyfret's efforts it is about to be locked in.

So for now we should try to use the Maelstrom.mp3 as a building block for what you write. Lyrics and riffs, :-)

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 7 2008, 12:35 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:17 AM