Advantages And Disadvantages Of Sight Reading
Vinod Saranga
Sep 26 2007, 09:48 PM
Acoustic Instructor
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Sight Reading

1.As Kris said it is very rewarding if you quickly want to play an arrangement with other musicians.

2.You can play a piece if you even havn't heard it.

3.You can name any note in the fret board.This is the major advantage in sight reading.Knowing your fret board is very useful in improvization.

4.When Playing you know which notes are here and there.

5.You can hardly forget a piece after you've been playing it for few times because you remember what are the notes.

6.If you have studied a piece you can play it any instrument (if you are bit familiar with other insrument)because you know the notes.

And more

the only disadvantage is for better progress you have to sight read every day or every other day but only about 5 mins per day.

But remember there are so many good guitarists who cannot sight read.
This is not the only way.

And one more thing......
It is fun to sight read
Just Play with it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vinod: Sep 26 2007, 09:49 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lithuanian
Jan 20 2008, 09:43 PM
GMC:er
5 minutes a day you say? Well, if I practise sight-reading 5 minutes per day for 3 months, where will it get me? And what if I practise, lets say, 30 minutes a day for the same ammount of time (3 months).

I must say I am really interested in this course. I cant wait for the next weekend to come so I can give it a try smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Lithuanian

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Apr 12 2008, 06:43 AM
Acoustic Instructor
QUOTE (Lithuanian @ Jan 21 2008, 02:43 AM) *
5 minutes a day you say? Well, if I practise sight-reading 5 minutes per day for 3 months, where will it get me? And what if I practise, lets say, 30 minutes a day for the same ammount of time (3 months).

I must say I am really interested in this course. I cant wait for the next weekend to come so I can give it a try smile.gif

What you will get is that you will be able to read and play (sightread) some Music.If you practise more you will be able to sightread some complex stuff too.

30 minutes is better that 5 mins but remember 5min per everyday is better than 2hrs in one sitting in the week.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lithuanian
May 4 2008, 11:52 PM
Great! Just got Guitar Pro 5.2. Im ready to dive in!

--------------------
Lithuanian

+Quote Post
steve25
May 5 2008, 12:03 AM
I can't do this yet as i don't have guitar pro only powertab sad.gif

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
May 5 2008, 12:04 AM
Acoustic Instructor
QUOTE (Lithuanian @ May 5 2008, 04:22 AM) *
Great! Just got Guitar Pro 5.2. Im ready to dive in!

Great News. biggrin.gif

I will soon add more drills

QUOTE (steve25 @ May 5 2008, 04:33 AM) *
I can't do this yet as i don't have guitar pro only powertab sad.gif

You can use Tuxguitar a free guitar pro file reader
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 5 2008, 12:16 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Two other big pluses of sight-reading

1) for anyone looking to do music at Uni or similar (GIT etc) - most have a sight-reading element to the entrance exam.

2) for anyone who wants to do studio work - it really helps if you can read as a lot of material is presented pretty much on the day. Can't read the sheet/don't know what CMaj7 means unsure.gif ? - The door beckons rolleyes.gif .

Even if you can read Vinod's courses are both a great practice tool and help add sight reading methodically to your daily routine smile.gif . Something I need to do more of smile.gif

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:35 AM