7th Chord Progressions And Modes
MrVegas
Feb 28 2020, 02:13 AM
Learning Tone Master
hello, I'm practicing some chord progressions and modes, I understand how to build major and minor chords and know where my modes are. and I'm trying to understand the theory behind it all.
when your in a major key the I chord can be a major7th the ii, iv, and vi can be played as minor 7th the 4th major 7th, the 5th as a dominant7.
if I play dorian over a ii, iv,IV progression built from the major scale I could still use 7th chords with dorian mode. so I guess what I'm asking is as I'm trying to get all of this committed to memory am I correct on how seventh chords and the the dorian mode fits into building chord progressions from the major scale? also is the 5 chord always a dominant chord in major and minor?
I'm trying to commit all keys to memory and want to get as comfortable with this to the point someone can tell me a progression with numbers in a particular key and I know exactly what chords to use without much thought, any tips and suggestions?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:43 AM