I Got Picked. :)
Sickz666
Oct 27 2011, 09:36 PM
GMC:er
Sup people.

Just thought i'd tune in, see how everyone was doing and share something. smile.gif

I earlier today had an audition for a musical that is done every year (different musicals each year of course) where i live and are quite famous.

The school im going to is making this musical every year, wich means you'll be playing 3 shows at the school, 5 shows at our citys theater and then about 15-20 shows during the summer, depending on how well this musical is going.

This years musical will be Jesus christ superstar, and since it is my first year at this school (wich could if i translate correctly be highschool maybe? I'm 16 turning 17) i'd just thought "Whatta hell, i need to play some new music and this seems like fun. No biggie if i don't get in this first year".

So before my audition i was sitting with my other guitar friend in the school waiting for auditions to start, so we where warming up etc. And then the thing that cannot happen happend, my string broke. laugh.gif

30 mins, a lot of running and alot of stress later i got it restringed and had 1 minute to spare before my turn.

Then i realised i had not planned what to play, so i just went in there improvising and playing some parts of different songs i know.

And i got in, and so did my friend. ^^

Moral of this story: Always come well prepared to an audition, string and what to play etc. smile.gif

Question of this: What do you think the benefits of auditioning and being a part of a musical is for a guitar player? smile.gif

Now i have to go brainwash myself with the songs i'm going to play, getting sheet music in a week. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:16 PM