Right Hand Feedback, preliminary take of Malaguena
methodseeker
Oct 5 2009, 06:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Dejan,

I've been working on your Malaguena lesson -- sporadically. I'm more focused on e-guitar but through looking at a few lessons like yours I've gotten drawn into pulling out a classical guitar I hadn't touched in many years (and could never play very well). This lesson is great because it practices two techniques that cause me a lot of difficulty: rest stroke and tremolo.

I'm aware of a few problems in the video below, most particularly I can't yet play tremolo evenly up to speed (I usually practice it slower), and the tempo wanders too much. Other than that, I wonder if you could take a look at my right hand technique and give me some feedback. I have trouble getting a clean slight-nail attack. Maybe I just need lots more practice. My nails are weak and I just can't grow them very long, so I have to use mostly skin contact on the strings -- I think. And when I try to get nail contact, I often hook the string. I was just looking again at your video and realized that you have a more direct attack: the nail appears nearly parallel to the string, while I've been using a more diagonal attack. In this video I'm intentionally trying to imitate you more.

Anyway, I'm having fun with your lesson and any tips would be very welcome.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:45 AM