Ibanez Models
PosterBoy
Apr 10 2014, 02:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Do the ones in my head exist

Looking at non entry level price range, but not J Custom price range either (if I was looking at that price I'd spec out a Suhr)

1. 2 Humbucker RG shape in white, 5 way switch Floyd bridge (with a medium neck, nothing too skinny)

2 . HSH RG shape in bright green Floyd bridge (again a neck that isn't super skinny)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
wrk
Apr 10 2014, 04:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
The “Premium” series is quite nice in this price range .. not sure about the colors thought smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Apr 10 2014, 08:04 PM
GMC:er
The Premium series has certainly come a long way. When it first came out, I was sceptical, and when I played them I didn't think the quality was up to scratch, but when I've played/reviewed Premium series guitars in the past year or two I've been very impressed.

The Iron Label series guitars that I've played have been pretty cool as well.

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2014, 11:27 PM
The color you want is LOCK NESS GREEN and is a HUGE fan favorite smile.gif Sadly, you pretty much have to get a custom shop model as far as I'm aware to get that color. They quit making those a looooong time ago. So if you are looking for a mid range new ibby your sorta outa luck sad.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 10 2014, 09:41 AM) *

Looking at non entry level price range, but not J Custom price range either (if I was looking at that price I'd spec out a Suhr)

1. 2 Humbucker RG shape in white, 5 way switch Floyd bridge (with a medium neck, nothing too skinny)

2 . HSH RG shape in bright green Floyd bridge (again a neck that isn't super skinny)

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 11 2014, 08:05 AM
Learning Roadie
I thought as much, looking around the internet.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 11 2014, 10:53 AM
I'm really impressed with my RG920, it actually has a fat neck compared to my S770.

But I think what you may be staring at for everything you want is the: Ibanez Iron Label RGIR20E.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 12 2014, 05:42 AM
Learning Roadie
That certainly ticks a lot of boxes (except the EMGs and I think I prefer maple necks)

On a slightly different note, I've seen a 2003 PGM30 for sale for €400 in Ireland. Unfortunately it seems to be the wife's turn to treat herself to stuff at the moment and not mine.

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Apr 12 2014, 05:43 AM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 12 2014, 12:44 PM
If used is ok rg3xxv's started to pop-up, the single is an Air-norton and sounds more like a humbucker than a single to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Huargo
Apr 12 2014, 02:55 PM
Tone Seeker
Talking about ibanez... i'm diggin for a ibanez rg3120 second hand, Mahogany with Flamed Maple top.
The guitar it's in al local store and the price it's good but have a lot of dings in the body in the rear part.... the neck and the bridge and frets seem to be ok.
It's a prestige one from 1998
Any of you guys have experience with this guitar? I'm looking for a guitar with mahogany maple top combination
thanks smile.gif

this is the model http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG3120

This post has been edited by huargo: Apr 12 2014, 02:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 12 2014, 06:14 PM
QUOTE (huargo @ Apr 12 2014, 01:55 PM) *
Talking about ibanez... i'm diggin for a ibanez rg3120 second hand, Mahogany with Flamed Maple top.
The guitar it's in al local store and the price it's good but have a lot of dings in the body in the rear part.... the neck and the bridge and frets seem to be ok.
Any of you guys have experience with this guitar? I'm looking for a guitar with mahogany maple top combination
thanks smile.gif

My only guitar since 1997 and the quality is amazing it never got a fret job yet smile.gif I played it in these collab.s;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-1sKyXhVSs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNV_sQoJt6Y

--------------------

+Quote Post
Huargo
Apr 12 2014, 07:42 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 12 2014, 05:14 PM) *
My only guitar since 1997 and the quality is amazing it never got a fret job yet smile.gif I played it in these collab.s;

Thanks! nice takes!:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 12 2014, 09:02 PM
QUOTE (huargo @ Apr 12 2014, 06:42 PM) *
Thanks! nice takes!:)

Thanks smile.gif let me know if you have any detail questions about it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2014, 05:54 AM
Yup!! Great guitar, hard to find, and pricey..

'
If you want a 7 try looking for an MIK 7620. It's the best 7 they did other than the Jems.

QUOTE (huargo @ Apr 12 2014, 09:55 AM) *
thanks smile.gif

Would that be the HAMER from Todd's secreat guitar vault!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 12 2014, 01:14 PM) *

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 17 2014, 09:32 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 17 2014, 04:54 AM) *
Yup!! Great guitar, hard to find, and pricey..

'
If you want a 7 try looking for an MIK 7620. It's the best 7 they did other than the Jems.

Would that be the HAMER from Todd's secreat guitar vault!!! smile.gif

A friend of mine who just returned yesterday from USA after 2.5 years owns an S 7420, bit cheaper trem. than 7620 but I really like the feel of it.

I never played a Hamer sad.gif I mean there are new affordable Hammers where I live but from the photos I've seen their golden era guitars tops anything else and now considered collector guitars

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 5 2014, 05:55 PM
They are spiff guitars smile.gif A bit lighter since it's an S series making it easier as a live guitar to stand and play for long periods. The old MIJ 7620 guitars are some of the best 7 strings ibanez ever built IMHO. They basically changed the name to "Prestige" and started selling them for crazy prices. They are still floating around in shops and on ebay.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 17 2014, 04:32 AM) *
A friend of mine who just returned yesterday from USA after 2.5 years owns an S 7420, bit cheaper trem. than 7620 but I really like the feel of it.

I never played a Hamer sad.gif I mean there are new affordable Hammers where I live but from the photos I've seen their golden era guitars tops anything else and now considered collector guitars

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 5 2014, 07:16 PM
Any particular interest in Ibanez over other brands in the same range?

Just curious.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 10 2014, 01:41 PM) *

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 6 2014, 02:43 AM
P.S. That HAMER CALIFORNIAN from my guitar vault went to a good home!! GMCer DEGROOT is now the proud owner!!!

I've gotten my collection down to half a dozen electrics currently smile.gif Needed some cash to buy new stuff so I spun off a few! Ended up keeping the Neon Green RICH smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 17 2014, 04:32 AM) *

Other than the fact that IBBY guitars are just killer to play smile.gif Everyone has their own prefs of course. But I gotta say, I keep coming back to my two MIJ IBBYs!!!

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 5 2014, 02:16 PM) *

Just curious.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 6 2014, 10:48 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 5 2014, 07:16 PM) *

Just curious.

It's the body shape, I like the sharp lines and edges, and I don't like headstocks that are too pointy

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:58 AM