Andy Timmons Pu's, what are they
MickeM
May 16 2007, 05:38 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I just got a crazy idea, I was going to put a DiMarzio super distortion and Breed in a Charvel with SSS. Instead I could (was planning for Evo's really but...) fit them into my Ibanez which already is HH and put Andy Timmons kind of pu's in the Charvel. That would be cool since I have this secret dream rolleyes.gif of owning an AT300 but will likely not get one since there are other guitars ahead of that on my to-get-list.

Cruisers in the neck and mid, DP186 and DP187
In the bridge a pu called AT1... what's that? Also DiMarzio and a full size humbucker but anyone got the DPxxx for it?

EDIT: Corrected typos that came out of excitement of my brilliant idea. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: May 16 2007, 05:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 11 2008, 01:15 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
This thread is maybe old by now ... but i got the same idea recently and just bought the Cruiser DP186 (neck). In my opinion this pickup sounds amazing, really warm and balanced. I think i will get another one for the middle position as well...

I'm still searching for the humbucker AT1 you mentioned ... this pickup only comes with the Ibanez AT300 i think, but i was reading somewhere that DiMarzio delivers the AT1 humbucker if you call them directly ... but ... only to US customers, which is not my case sad.gif

I'm not too much of a hardware geek to try everything possible, but still have an eye on this one wink.gif ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 11 2008, 01:25 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Thank's for replying wink.gif

I've milled the Charvel from SSS into HSH though that initial idea of mine was great tongue.gif Putting DiMarzio Breed's in it instead.

But if you do a search there was some forum discussing the AT1 and a suitable replacement for it. I just can't recall the name of that pickup.

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 11 2008, 01:48 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks, i will search for it .. i was reading in another forum that the AT1 is quite similar to the Breed Bridge .. DP166 i think.

Anyway ... as you maybe can see on my icon, i first have to fill this empty slot in the middle wink.gif.
But i would like to own one day a AT300 as well ... even more the AT100, but this may stay a dream smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:04 AM