Metallic Sound, EMG81/85
mba64
Jan 30 2009, 02:27 AM
GMC:er
Hey I have a jacksson with EMG81/85 and I have a kind of metallic/klinking sound when I am playing it is most on low E you can here it, anyone know what it is is it the Floyd or is bad welding of wiring.
Hope somebody knows what it is.
mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
LTD WA-600 (EMG JH)
Cort Bass
M-Audio AV40
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Jan 30 2009, 10:37 AM
Well I'm not sure if it's the same problem but I have the same EMG setup in my Ibanez and I remember that I had some crappy sounds from my low E as well when the floyd got too low, i.e. the pickup got too close to the strings.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Eclipse I CTM Full Thickness, Ibanez RG470 with EMG81/85 pickups.
Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT XL

+Quote Post
mba64
Jan 30 2009, 11:09 AM
Thank`s man it helped, I put them as close that I could when I installed them is says so int EMG manual, now I put them lower and I got a better sound.
GMC rocks
Thank`s again
smile.gif

--------------------
LTD WA-600 (EMG JH)
Cort Bass
M-Audio AV40

+Quote Post
29a
Jan 30 2009, 11:10 AM
I know there are people who claim EMGs make problems with Floyd Rose and certain things. No idea how much truth there is to it. As for the soldering, you could measure that using a multimeter, but I don't thing that's the problem. Could you post a sound sample? That would help.

- Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
mba64
Jan 30 2009, 11:19 AM
Thank`s man but I have put the mic`s to close to the string`s that was it ,it say`s in EMG manual that you put them as close as possible to the strings.I got the tip from Sigfridsson here at GMC, but thank`s.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
LTD WA-600 (EMG JH)
Cort Bass
M-Audio AV40

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 30 2009, 12:28 PM
Instructor
Glad you solved the problem dude! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:09 PM