Warrior Bushido Task 29
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2012, 09:58 AM
Instructor
Greetings Warriors ! Some of the ice at The Temple has started to melt with the sun but the winds are still as ferocious as ever up here in the wild mountains..

To match the mood of the weather, we're going to delve into some blues territory.

Task 29: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Billy-Gibbons-Style/

You lucky lot. I'd love to learn this lesson. It's got some beautiful notes and the pace is just right, giving you plenty of room to set up those perfect bends and pull offs !

Try and get a nice tone with room for dynamics so that if you pick softly, it sounds quiet and if you pick harder it responds in turn smile.gif

I look forward to hearing your takes in this one cool.gif

Deadline is next Friday 17th August

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DeGroot
Aug 13 2012, 08:18 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Awesome job on the lesson Greg!

Here is my interpretation of the lesson. Used a quarter myself. wink.gif It does bring a cool and unique tone but I agree it is a little tricky to use. Yeah, I also agree with a lot of your guys points about Sinisa's style and blues playing. I've been looking at it like this... its REALLY hard to carbon copy someone elses style. Specifically with something like this that is more open to feel rather than mechanical type licks. Look forward to your comments.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 14 2012, 09:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Aug 13 2012, 08:18 PM) *
Awesome job on the lesson Greg!

Here is my interpretation of the lesson. Used a quarter myself. wink.gif It does bring a cool and unique tone but I agree it is a little tricky to use. Yeah, I also agree with a lot of your guys points about Sinisa's style and blues playing. I've been looking at it like this... its REALLY hard to carbon copy someone elses style. Specifically with something like this that is more open to feel rather than mechanical type licks. Look forward to your comments.

Good morning gentlemen.. this is superb DG, very well executed ! Love the tone as well, although I could have done with just a touch more gain but that's just me though, a matter of taste.

I think you both managed to capture the floating feel very well as it is ! wink.gif

Both you guys really nailed this.. I hope Sinisa is impressed - I definitely am ! cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 04:41 PM