2 Pages V  < 1 2  
1.2 Milliion Peoples In Britains Gona Have The Same New Years Resolution This Year, guess what it is andd why :P
mattacuk
Jan 1 2008, 08:50 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 1 2008, 07:41 PM) *
yea it is m8, but new years resolutions because of it smile.gif

Im so Dim sometimes unsure.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jan 1 2008, 08:58 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Jan 1 2008, 01:35 PM) *
lol tis the smokin law people tongue.gif
heh yeah...not a trick question
but um i shouldve thought bout a trick question
but a gd point i watched chris rock say the other day, they shouldnt have laws on guns they should just raise the tax on bullets, make each bullet $5000, then there will never be any innocent bystanders lol theyed aim alot more carefully if bullets were $5000
"jeeze, whts that guy done so bad they put $3000000 worth of caps in his a**"

in the US most states now have right to carry concealed laws. you can't be a felon, any law abiding citizen can register for the right. there has been no problem with these laws, it has worked out fine. the problem is not guns, the problem is people. taking the ammo or guns away won't change the character of the bad guys, they will just find another way.

the reason in the US we (most of us) resist having them taken away, is that it is a symbolic check on the power of the state. if we ever allow them to take our guns away, it won't stop there.

also as people in New Orleans found out a few years ago, in the event of a disaster, you sure as heck want a gun. When there is nobody there to help you, you had better be ready to protect yourself.

however in the event that ammunition does go up to such prices, i am stocked up. also a reason the .357 magnum is my gun of choice. it can fire .38 ammo, which while is not as likely to drop the culprit like a stone, is more plentiful.

it is smoking he is referring to. in the US people have to pretty much hide in alleys to smoke, it has such a negative stigma now. However we love making money selling the poison to you foreign guys.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 2 2008, 12:59 AM
whats that smoking law? i dont understand, can someone explain...? dry.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 2 2008, 01:06 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 1 2008, 11:59 PM) *
whats that smoking law? i dont understand, can someone explain...? dry.gif sad.gif

Its in the UK mate, smoking ban in all enclosed work and public places, so its now against the law in the UK to smoke in Pubs, clubs, restaurants, any public place thats enclosed, work premises etc anywhere someone else may inhale ciggarette smoke, company vehicles etc, next year I think we may have to be careful where we pass wind smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 2 2008, 10:10 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 1 2008, 06:06 PM) *
Its in the UK mate, smoking ban in all enclosed work and public places, so its now against the law in the UK to smoke in Pubs, clubs, restaurants, any public place thats enclosed, work premises etc anywhere someone else may inhale ciggarette smoke, company vehicles etc, next year I think we may have to be careful where we pass wind smile.gif

oh i see now. ohmy.gif thanks

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 2 2008, 10:16 AM
Lets go fishing!
My breathing has been alot better since this ban !! I suffer with bad Astma so i really appreciate being able to go out an not come home smelling of cigarettes biggrin.gif

I do also feel sorry for those who like to smoke socially and cant! sad.gif (thats just the kinda guy I am! wink.gif )

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 2 2008, 10:42 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 2 2008, 10:16 PM) *
My breathing has been alot better since this ban !! I suffer with bad Astma so i really appreciate being able to go out an not come home smelling of cigarettes biggrin.gif

I do also feel sorry for those who like to smoke socially and cant! sad.gif (thats just the kinda guy I am! wink.gif )

Smoking socially??? huh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 2 2008, 10:55 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 2 2008, 09:16 AM) *

I must admit (as a smoker) I hated coming home from pubs stinking of smoke, I dont smoke or allow smoking in my car coz I hate it, I dont smoke in my house, I go outside, I really should quit! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 2 2008, 02:54 PM
well thats the thing about most smokers.. eventually u don't even like it anymore its just the addiction that makes u say.. u know.. im gunna go light up.. im all for these laws but again just like what Fkalich said about the guns.. you'll never be able to get rid of them entirely

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 2 2008, 03:04 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 1 2008, 08:06 PM) *
Its in the UK mate, smoking ban in all enclosed work and public places, so its now against the law in the UK to smoke in Pubs, clubs, restaurants, any public place thats enclosed, work premises etc

This has been law in most places in Canada for some time now actually. In Nova Scotia they are even trying to make it law that you can not smoke in a vehicle if there is a child present. I think one town has already made it a municipal bylaw.

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 2 2008, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 2 2008, 01:16 AM) *

I wouldnt worry about them Matt tongue.gif , apparently its just the non-smokers that get ditched now, and all the smokers are using the new ban inside pubs to go outside pubs and complain to the opposite sex about the ban, its meant to be a great conversation starter. laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 2 2008, 03:28 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jan 2 2008, 02:21 PM) *
I wouldnt worry about them Matt tongue.gif , apparently its just the non-smokers that get ditched now, and all the smokers are using the new ban inside pubs to go outside pubs and complain to the opposite sex about the ban, its meant to be a great conversation starter. laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

And the mad thing is Owen.. thats so true! lol! I went to a friends wedding a few weeks back, popped outside for a smoke, `bout 5 of us outside at that point, dont think anyone knew each other but stood there all talking, whilst shivering laugh.gif

this is quite good actually, its making me come up with even more reasons to quit when I think about standing outside shivering, in the rain etc blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 2 2008, 03:29 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 2 2008, 09:28 AM) *
this is quite good actually, its making me come up with even more reasons to quit when I think about standing outside shivering, in the rain etc blink.gif

Oh I don't know - theres always the British summer - 3 months in which there is a slightly elevated chance of actual sunshine and temperature above 15 degrees Celsius - guess why I moved to the USA biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 2 2008, 03:34 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jan 2 2008, 02:29 PM) *
Oh I don't know - theres always the British summer - 3 months in which there is a slightly elevated chance of actual sunshine and temperature above 15 degrees Celsius - guess why I moved to the USA biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

hmm, i think I blinked and missed the summer this year blink.gif thats it, I`m moving to Spain or somewhere decent weather wise, I can carry on smoking then and not get wet n cold laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 2 2008, 03:47 PM
I'm glad I decided againts smoking when I was 5.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 2 2008, 06:16 PM
Instructor
I stopped smoking several months ago and filing much better now. I occasionally light one cigar, like once a month or less and thats it. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 2 2008, 06:48 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 2 2008, 12:16 PM) *
I stopped smoking several months ago and filing much better now. I occasionally light one cigar, like once a month or less and thats it. smile.gif

good job! i have a friend i want to desperatly quit.. and i dun help the situation because i also like the occasional cigar. (once a month maybe)

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Jan 2 2008, 06:55 PM
Here in BC Canada, a similar law banning smoking in all enclosed areas was passed, it took a bit of getting used to (for me, as a smoker), but now I'm fine with it; it's actually nice that the restaurants don't smell like smoke. But now I do have a gripe...many restaurants, pubs, and bars spent a lot of money to build patios, and other designated smoking areas to accommodate the smokers...where the staff wouldn't have to be exposed to the smoke. This works very good in my opinion...everybody is happy; but now they are going to ban smoking for OUTSIDE public areas as well. For me that sucks, because I can't even enjoy a beer and a smoke outside on the patio, and for the owners of these establishments, they've just spent thousands of dollars out of their own pocket to build these outside smoking areas and ventilation systems to accommodate the new law...and now they are pretty much useless. Not being allowed to smoke at a crowded bus stop, or in front of a building where a lot of non-smokers are exposed is one thing...I'm all for that; but not being allowed to smoke in the pub's outside, designated smoking area, where no non-smokers would be (unless they chose to be there), is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 2 2008, 07:00 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Owen @ Jan 2 2008, 02:21 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif So thats where all the girls went unsure.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:44 AM