Kevin98497
Feb 25 2007, 09:21 PM
GMC:er
for less than 200 english pounds?
anyone?
a valve amp that uses tubes
and has 12" speaker?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
n0x
Feb 25 2007, 09:56 PM
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Feb 26 2007, 12:21 AM) *
anyone?
and has 12" speaker?

yeah dude try the Laney LV-200. That has 1 12" celestion speaker, 3 channels (1 clean and 2 OD) with scoop switches and best of all it's "Tube enabled" Or u can go for the Laney LV-300 which is the same but it has 2x12" and i think its JUST over 200 pounds that one (the lv-300) .. It's not a full tube amp just partially (half the circuit i think) but it uses the most popular tube(s) in the market. It sure as hell sounds like a fulll tube amp when u crank it up. Great for its price. Laney produce the best amps cheap. Plus, they are british. :"].

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 25 2007, 11:02 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Feb 25 2007, 09:21 PM) *
anyone?
and has 12" speaker?

Always difficult to answer when put as a general question. What are your preferences, country, trash metal, something else?

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Feb 26 2007, 11:17 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 25 2007, 10:02 PM) *
Always difficult to answer when put as a general question. What are your preferences, country, trash metal, something else?

well it doesnt really matter, i got some pedals so i can just get different distorts, but i also want to be able to acess the tube sound

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 28 2007, 12:04 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Feb 26 2007, 11:17 PM) *
well it doesnt really matter, i got some pedals so i can just get different distorts, but i also want to be able to acess the tube sound

Well if it doesn't matter it's really easy. Just get any tube amp with a 12" speaker that cost less than 200 GBP. Just walk into any musicstore with those criterias and you'll have at least a dozen models to choose from.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 28 2007, 12:59 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 28 2007, 12:04 PM) *
Well if it doesn't matter it's really easy. Just get any tube amp with a 12" speaker that cost less than 200 GBP. Just walk into any musicstore with those criterias and you'll have at least a dozen models to choose from.

be careful. they make a lot of amps now that have a tube preamp only. they are cheaper, and not really the same as a full tube amp, or valve as you would say. I expect the one mentioned above is of that type.

Just be patient, and look around. But be sure you know what you are getting. I would check out a model on internet before buying. Such as harmony-central.com. I am not so impressed with the reviews on ultimate-guitar.com for the most part. You may find out something undesirable about the amp that was not made obvious by the manufacturer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:30 AM