New Line 6 Amp Namm Full Range, 5 Speaker
Todd Simpson
Jan 25 2014, 02:17 AM
GMC:er
Looks like LINE 6 is making a combo amp with a full range 5 speaker system in it. The trend of using full range speakers with guitar rigs continues to gain traction. So in addition to a guitar amp it would work as an ipod dock for music. It actually has an ipod/ipad dock in the top since it can be controlled with an ipad app.

Of course, the processing is still done internally. However, you could just use a full amplified range P.A. speaker and run OVERLOUD or JAM UP PRO and have a similar setup for probably less money. Still, looks interesting smile.gif It's also a BLUETOOTH audio device. Here is a ROB CHAPMAN review.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry672575
Attached Image

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 25 2014, 02:45 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jan 25 2014, 07:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
I must say it's interesting, but I'm not a fan of music products that rely on an iPad or iPhone. These things aren't made for use on stage, and not everyone owns an iPhone. However, my main setup is still a pedalboard going into a mixer going into a PA speaker. I have a Sansamp for amp tone smile.gif it's fairly handy for gigs because I don't have to lug around a 20kg monster

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 25 2014, 10:45 AM
I guess these products are aimed mainly to a group that wants to get rid of the first bought practice amp but still unsure about their tonal tendencies smile.gif

So since they aren't familiar with creating tone with a chain analog or digital (in DAW, which is also not easy if the beginner is alone) this or similar amps are the safe route for them. Thats why I see them as a temporary step when creating a rig.

This is good and bad. Good side I just mentioned but the bad side is the industry (inc. guitar educative video games) today is developing products for lonely guitarists...its very sad sad.gif , I mean there are so many beginners today who thinks finding a good instructor isn't a must and they work on the instrument with no goal in mind at all. Add the fact that they or their music can't get out of the bedroom, they can't get into environments suitable to find band members or creating a band...

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 25 2014, 10:45 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jan 25 2014, 12:48 PM
I think that this looks like a really cool product Todd and can actually see myself buying one smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 27 2014, 07:10 AM
Their presentation (at NAMM) for this product focused primarily on the 'jam along with tracks' aspect of it. It sounded/worked great. I watched the demo guy call up a King's X tune on his ipad - the line 6 app found 5 or 6 pre-sets that sounded close to that particular Ty Tabor guitar tone - pick one and let her rip. I think(?) it can even model a tone from an mp3 on the spot. Pretty cool. The amp by itself has 5 models built into it.
I would have liked to have heard the amp and few different (app) tones within the context of an actual live band.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jan 27 2014, 07:15 AM

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jan 27 2014, 09:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 27 2014, 05:10 PM) *
I think(?) it can even model a tone from an mp3 on the spot. Pretty cool. The amp by itself has 5 models built into it.
I would have liked to have heard the amp and few different (app) tones within the context of an actual live band.

Now that is a feature that will make it revolutionary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 9 2014, 07:51 PM
Or at least make it very handy smile.gif It isn't a KEMPER or anything like that, but it will get you in the ball park in terms of general tone for playing along with jam tracks and such. This amp would make a great addition imho just as a full range bluetooth speaker and practice amp. But it's not cheap so maybe waiting for a used one is a good idea too..

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Jan 27 2014, 03:17 AM) *
Now that is a feature that will make it revolutionary

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 11 2014, 04:27 PM
I wanted to hear just with it's 5 built in pre-sets. Both the 75 and 100 watt boxes were fairly small and light.
They wouldn't let the plebes just 'plug in' though.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 12 2014, 02:07 AM
Jerks!!! Although you really do need the ipad/ipod app to actually control the thing. All the goodies are software controlled and require the app. I'd like one to be honest, but there's not way I'm paying what they are asking for one.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 11 2014, 10:27 AM) *
I wanted to hear just with it's 5 built in pre-sets. Both the 75 and 100 watt boxes were fairly small and light.
They wouldn't let the plebes just 'plug in' though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:04 PM