Jd's Personal Training
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 18 2022, 08:52 AM
GMC Founder
Hey JD_,

Very cool to finally be able to mentor you - you are a very old time forumite 🤩 (under previous username JaxN4).

In order for me to start thinking about a path for you - it would be really helpful if you could let me know the following:

* Your favorite guitarists / bands

* Your long term goals (what do you dream of being able to play one day).

* What type of content/exercises you have worked on recently.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD_
Oct 23 2022, 09:39 AM
Learning Roadie
G'day mate ,😂
Hope you're well thanks very much for your time need help committing the five pentatonic shapes to memory and connecting them hopefully find a lesson from Jonathan or Guido over rock ballad metal does fit this subject thanks very much

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 23 2022, 09:20 PM
GMC Founder
Very cool topic JD -

We can definitely work on this! 😁

Could you let me know how much of the pentatonic scale you have learned / memorised at this point?

And are you comfortable playing the pentatonic scale in different keys?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JD_
Oct 23 2022, 11:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Different keys are fine and position 15and 2 I am comfortable with to a certain degree but mainly just the first sliding into some of the second likewise with 5th and 1st... Lazy habit

Nuno Bettencourt, Andy Timmins, 80's Hard Rock,
End goal is to be comfortable improvising and jamming...
I need to build up a lick vocabulary:)

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 24 2022, 08:50 PM
GMC Founder
Ok I see - so maybe something like this?

Nuno Bettencourt, Andy Timmins, 80's Hard Rock,
End goal is to be comfortable improvising and jamming...
I need to build up a lick vocabulary:)

Ok cool - learning new scale positions in tandem with new licks can indeed be a very effective method.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JD_
Oct 24 2022, 10:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Yea nice one , that's basically the shape I have , not much more than that...ha..
That's what I was thinking, build up licks vocabulary etc while learning positions and sliding legato into the next position etc

Yea nice one , that's basically the shape I have , not much more than that...ha..
That's what I was thinking, build up licks vocabulary etc while learning positions and sliding legato into the next position etc

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 27 2022, 11:46 AM
GMC Founder
Ok great!

So as a first challenge - I would like to see what happens if you record a video attempting to play/jam with this alternative shape:

As you can see, it also uses position 5 and position 1 - albeit focusing on a different set of strings in position 5.

Please consider this video will also help me gauge your playing so that we can move on a with a plan which will involve licks and musical examples as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JD_
Oct 27 2022, 01:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Kris, currently in the middle of moving 🏠 house , that's tomorrow, and upgrading my gear, give me about a week on this and I'll get it done asap once I'm set up thank u

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 28 2022, 08:01 AM
GMC Founder
Wow that's awesome to hear mate 🏠

Looking forward to see how this challenge works out for you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JD_
Mar 2 2023, 08:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Kris! How are you mate...?
So it usually doesn't take 5 months to move house haha.. but here I am my man, still been playing consistently all this time and everything is feeling great I'll post a response here in a short while time thanks

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 4 2023, 11:07 AM
GMC Founder
No problem mate, let practicing come when the time is right. How is the new house?  🤩

If there's anything I have learned it's to let the joy of practicing come naturally - don't force it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:03 PM