GMC Founder
Here are four cool lead concepts I find myself using over and over:

1 - imply harmony using arpeggios
2 - add tension with outside notes, this example uses the b5
3 - land on strong notes using bends and vibrato
4 - add more harmony with diatonic chords

Starts at 01:46

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Mar 15 2023, 04:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Really enjoyed this. Thanks, Kris.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 16 2023, 05:37 AM
GMC:er
Great stuff!!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 16 2023, 10:06 AM
GMC Founder
Awesome you guys like it, I have been working on my lead chops recently - which I haven't done in a long time 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Mar 16 2023, 03:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 16 2023, 09:06 AM) *
Awesome you guys like it, I have been working on my lead chops recently - which I haven't done in a long time 😁

It really shows. That right hand is so on point. About a little over a year ago I started making a change to the amount of overhang (I guess you could call it) my thumb has over the pick. Moving the pick closer to the joint of my thumb. It has taken some getting used to but seems to really make alternate picking more precise and just gives me a better attack. At least it seems to. I am at the point now where I do it all the time without thinking about it. It's so hard to make changes like this when your habits are so ingrained but this small change has definitely made an improvement.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 16 2023, 03:50 PM
GMC Founder
The little things count!!

For me, practicing even note groupings helps me achieve a relaxed right hand: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...ings/?part=main

It's what I have been doing recently, I am not sure wether it just "help me get back on track" or if it makes all the difference.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:06 PM