Stainless Steel Strings Vs Nickel Wound
Darius Wave
Sep 19 2013, 11:53 AM
Instructor
Hey guys. Just wanted to share my thoughts after some strings experiments. For some time I was searching for a trick to brighten some of my dark sounding alder body guitar. First of all I changed the pickups...Indeed single coils with alnico magnets (especially Alnico 5) do add some nice, not harsh treble. But it was a first step. Still though some treble is missing so decided to try stainless steel strings and...I have to admit they realy add some extra amount of treble. Also I can confirm 2 popular, ofen mentioned aspects of stainless steel strings - they do feel more raw while doing slides and they do have stronger electro-magnetic field - more output. So those two step helped me do "un-muddy" the guitar which was basicly fat and even too warm/dark sounding.

What are Your expiriences with Stainless Steel strings? I'll only add that usually I'm a traditional nickel wound user wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:53 PM