My First Song...
Canis
Nov 7 2008, 09:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've been playing around with Fruity Loops lately. And couple of hours ago, I felt an urge to add some guitar to it. So I recorded a rhythm part, a lead part, and I had my first 28 seconds long repetitive song biggrin.gif

I'm not that good with the mixing part yet, so in my opinion, the volume for some parts doesen't sound very good.

It's not much ^^
Attached File  NN.mp3 ( 450.7K ) Number of downloads: 255

Opinions and mixinghelp is gladly appriciated =D

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 7 2008, 10:06 PM
Instructor
Very cool smile.gif
And for your first song it's quite good smile.gif Looking forward to hearing how it progresses.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Nov 7 2008, 10:07 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 8 2008, 05:13 PM
GMC:er
The volumes are a bit off here mate,and your drums sound terrible!lol not your fauly but a by product of fruity loops

mixing sounds too clattered too with the guitars just mushing together.

I would pan ryth guitars hard left and right with bass.drums and solo lines in the middle.Think of mixing as a stage with the band up playing in their positions.

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Canis
Nov 9 2008, 02:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Noangels @ Nov 8 2008, 05:13 PM) *
The volumes are a bit off here mate,and your drums sound terrible!lol not your fauly but a by product of fruity loops

mixing sounds too clattered too with the guitars just mushing together.

I would pan ryth guitars hard left and right with bass.drums and solo lines in the middle.Think of mixing as a stage with the band up playing in their positions.

Thanks a lot! This is just the kind of help I need and want =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 9 2008, 02:45 AM
Instructor
good start mate. Work a bit more on mixing. The riff sounds cool

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 9 2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the reply:)

It takes a long time to be able to mix and record well.Its an art that like music sounds better the more hours one puts in.Has taken me many years to be happy with what I do these days(and thats far from perfect),but once you find that blue print that works with all the intruments and the panning with the right levels it gets a lot easier.
If you want to get serious about it there are a few instructional DVDs out there who go into fine detail about multy band compresors,how to use EQ to fine tune the tracks,expanders,limiters,ect,ect

There is a staggering amount one might have to do to make the music sit in the mix better,learning about these individual mixing and mastering FX will greatly improve your sound over the years!

My best tip would be to get the best recording sound/tone you can have when recording so all you have to do is adjust pan levels and volumes.Try and get you audio levels to kiss the red(without clipping)when using digital hard disk recorders.If using old analog tape reels one can go into the red as is heard in Lots of classic rock albums prior to hard disk recording.Thats used to give tape saturation,a warmer tone-digital clipping is to be avoided like the plague!

anyway have fun!

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 9 2008, 03:23 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
God work mate smile.gif

Sounded a bit Paradise Lost'ish smile.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
Nov 9 2008, 06:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Emir and Audiopål =)

QUOTE (Noangels @ Nov 9 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Thanks for the reply:)

It takes a long time to be able to mix and record well.Its an art that like music sounds better the more hours one puts in.Has taken me many years to be happy with what I do these days(and thats far from perfect),but once you find that blue print that works with all the intruments and the panning with the right levels it gets a lot easier.
If you want to get serious about it there are a few instructional DVDs out there who go into fine detail about multy band compresors,how to use EQ to fine tune the tracks,expanders,limiters,ect,ect

There is a staggering amount one might have to do to make the music sit in the mix better,learning about these individual mixing and mastering FX will greatly improve your sound over the years!

My best tip would be to get the best recording sound/tone you can have when recording so all you have to do is adjust pan levels and volumes.Try and get you audio levels to kiss the red(without clipping)when using digital hard disk recorders.If using old analog tape reels one can go into the red as is heard in Lots of classic rock albums prior to hard disk recording.Thats used to give tape saturation,a warmer tone-digital clipping is to be avoided like the plague!

anyway have fun!

Thanks a lot for your tips =D
I'll definetly check out some instructional DVD's about this. It's a lot of fun even when I don't have a clue what I'm doing ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Dec 10 2008, 07:40 AM
Some AC DC inspiration this riff I think. Sounded wicked.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Dec 10 2008, 08:47 AM
This sounds very promising, the guitars sound great, but the overall mix not so good. It´s not that hard to make a decent recording, but it is alot of work. You can be a master by looking at some tutorial DVD´s. Good luck with future recordings. smile.gif

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
berko
Dec 10 2008, 09:38 AM
Great work, Canis! This piece would be a great theme for a wicked intro to a song!

Keep up the good work smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Dec 10 2008, 09:59 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I like it, pretty good job mate smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Canis
Dec 18 2008, 11:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks a lot, all of you ^^

I've been looking for some tutorial DVD's lately, but I have no idea where to begin.. I've only found more advanced stuff, or stuff that has the word "Mixing" with shiny golden letters on the box, but has nothing to do with music...
Do anyone know of any good instructional tutorials that could push me in the right direction? wink.gif

Edit: Spellelelelling

This post has been edited by Canis: Dec 18 2008, 11:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 18 2008, 11:52 PM
Instructor
Steinbergs "Internal Mixing" Tutorial is awesome mate, I really suggest you check it out. If you use Steinberg DAWs it would be even easier, but rules apply to other environments as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Canis
Dec 20 2008, 12:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 18 2008, 11:52 PM) *
Steinbergs "Internal Mixing" Tutorial is awesome mate, I really suggest you check it out. If you use Steinberg DAWs it would be even easier, but rules apply to other environments as well.

Thanks a lot! It's definetly gonna give me a boost ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:31 PM