2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I Can't Believe It!
skennington
Aug 1 2008, 08:56 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hello GMC'ers Well, I just can't believe it wink.gif

I don't know if you've seen this yet but our great GMC Instructors are planning another collab. This time it's going to be a cover of "Smoke On The Water" originally performed by Deep Purple. Here's the link for those that haven't
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=17924

Thing is, it's going to be done as an "ad" so to speak for GMC and is just for the instructors - how dare they keep all the fun to themselves! smile.gif
This got me thinking though - I was wondering if any of you would be interested in doing a cover of the same song to rival theirs. I'm talking full song, vocals and all. Even a video if your up to it. So, tell me what you think. Interested in a bit of rivalry to show them we can make a better version than they can? biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Steve

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 1 2008, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Absolutelly biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

We should at least give it a shot

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 1 2008, 09:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm up for it. smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 1 2008, 09:08 PM
GMC:er
How dare they! tongue.gif *get's a rubber chicken to annoy some instuctors*

Seriously though, good iniative. By making an video to accompany the one made by the instructors, you can show what the students can do and have learned. But also show what a great community GMC is. smile.gif

I was already considering getting an USB mic. But this might be the oppertunity to see If I'm worthy of participating. smile.gif

Good idea, and I really mean this,

J

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 1 2008, 09:09 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
laugh.gif Great idea!! A bit of good old fashion epic pwnage biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Aug 1 2008, 09:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
This would be awesome. biggrin.gif I don´t know if I can participate because I´ve got only a camera to record myself which sound awful. :S Could that sound pass? What do you think guys?

This post has been edited by Tolek: Aug 1 2008, 09:26 PM

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Aug 1 2008, 09:29 PM
I would be in, except i dont have a camera to record myself..

--------------------

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 1 2008, 09:38 PM
On the camera bit, it is possible to record sound seperately from the camera. I think there was a lesson about that.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Aug 1 2008, 09:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 1 2008, 10:38 PM) *
On the camera bit, it is possible to record sound seperately from the camera. I think there was a lesson about that.

I haven´t seen this yet... Could you give me a link? huh.gif

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 1 2008, 09:47 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Aug 1 2008, 10:42 PM) *
I haven´t seen this yet... Could you give me a link? huh.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...ording-tutorial

One of the lessons had a part about recording sound and video seperately, but you'll have to watch it trough.

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 1 2008, 11:34 PM
Ok GMC,

Glad some of you like the idea. smile.gif I see the Instructors have 20 or so signed up already. We won't talk video vs audio at this point, just let me hear who else is interested! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Siggum
Aug 1 2008, 11:34 PM
I'd be up for it

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 2 2008, 03:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
Well.. I have no idea how complex the rest of the song is, since I'm only familiar with the standard "first-thing-you-ever-learn-to-play" bit, but I guess I can contribute something ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 2 2008, 04:10 AM
can it be an actual cover.. example is .. well i play metal.. so.. metal? I would love to contribute if i get the software im looking at in the near future.. ive been really contimplating Guitar Rig 3 and protools and i might just go buy it.. so ill try and keep informed on whats going on and if i have the means i definatly will!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 2 2008, 04:34 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Aug 1 2008, 11:10 PM) *
can it be an actual cover.. example is .. well i play metal.. so.. metal? I would love to contribute if i get the software im looking at in the near future.. ive been really contimplating Guitar Rig 3 and protools and i might just go buy it.. so ill try and keep informed on whats going on and if i have the means i definatly will!

Thanks for the interest Smikey. It's open at this point, I'm just "fishing" to see who all will be willing to go at it with the Instructors. smile.gif Let's go guy's and gal's!

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Aug 2 2008, 05:11 AM
I was so excited and ready to ask if a solo spot was open then I misclicked something and found our I was in the instructors board... I was le sad...

So in other words

HECK YES I'D WANT TO DO THIS!

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Tolek
Aug 2 2008, 10:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 1 2008, 10:47 PM) *
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...ording-tutorial

One of the lessons had a part about recording sound and video seperately, but you'll have to watch it trough.

Thanks. I remember these video tutorials, but I not sure if I saw that they recorded it separatly... I´ll see.

Anyway, I want to participate, too. However, I´ll be on vacation from 4th to 15th or so. After this, I could record my stuff. smile.gif

Edit:
Just watched the video. David uses an audio interface, but I haven´t one. sad.gif I´ll have to do it in another way...

This post has been edited by Tolek: Aug 2 2008, 10:20 AM

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 2 2008, 10:10 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I am so in for a rythm part

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 2 2008, 10:50 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
This would be great. I'm definitely in. smile.gif Great idea.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 2 2008, 12:17 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Great idea biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:42 AM