Twilight Of The Rock Gods, Interesting article
AK Rich
Mar 25 2017, 05:52 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
There have been an increasing amount of RIP posts in these forums as we know and have talked about in the forums. I ran across this article today that shows some interesting statistics and what it may mean for the music industry as we loose these mega stars and thought I would share it here for discussion.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/twilight-of-th...gods-1490439609

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 26 2017, 06:19 AM
GMC:er
Sadly we can't read the article without a subscription. Is there a pay wall?

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 25 2017, 12:52 PM) *
There have been an increasing amount of RIP posts in these forums as we know and have talked about in the forums. I ran across this article today that shows some interesting statistics and what it may mean for the music industry as we loose these mega stars and thought I would share it here for discussion.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/twilight-of-th...gods-1490439609

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 26 2017, 05:26 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 25 2017, 09:19 PM) *
Sadly we can't read the article without a subscription. Is there a pay wall?

Well that sucks. I think there could be a pay wall I guess but I have no subscription and was able to view the article. I think there are a number of free views per month or something of the sort.
I just clicked the link in my post and now I can't see the article either. Lame.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2017, 03:43 AM
Instructor
The same here, I can't read it.

However, the topic is something that I've been thinking and talking to my friends. Most of our rock/pop/blues heroes will left us in the next 10/15 years, it not sooner... that's so sad..

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 31 2017, 04:49 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 30 2017, 06:43 PM) *
The same here, I can't read it.

However, the topic is something that I've been thinking and talking to my friends. Most of our rock/pop/blues heroes will left us in the next 10/15 years, it not sooner... that's so sad..

Yeah, sorry about that. The article was talking about how half of the top 10 grossing concert tours last year were from artists over 50 and what it might mean for the music industry in the future as we loose more of these mega stars. Bruce Springsteen was #1 believe it or not.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music...1229-story.html

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:44 AM