Need Everyone On This One, amp tone
orion6324
Mar 11 2008, 08:13 PM
GMC:er
ok so like everyone else ive been searching for that perfect tone. i have good gear....gibson les paul, new peavey jsx amp lots of boss pedals on a boss pedal board [nice duncans in the les paul by the way] but as im finding out i really dont know s*** [edited for language - Tony ] about settings for all that stuff so in my searching i found a video of the tone im lookin for [just sounds sick..i love it] and ive been trying for days to get it with no avail . so im asking all of GMC to check this video out and tell me how you think he is getting this effect sweet tone here i think you will all agree its a really great tone i just cant seem to find it. so with all that said any tips tricks or settings or effects you guys think hes using pls let me know...and thx agin...plus its a nice little lesson i think you all will enjoy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Mar 13 2008, 09:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 11 2008, 09:22 PM
Well it might be kinda hard to get that bright tone out of a LP, I think you should be able to get it with the JSX. First practice the hell out of Round and Round, to the point where you nail the main riff. I think once you are able to nail the song playing wise the tone will come easy. Just start with all the knobs at noon, then if it sounds like you need more bass, add more bass, more treble, add more treble etc...
But I think the key is being able to play it very well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
orion6324
Mar 11 2008, 10:26 PM
oh i got the song nailed solo and all thats nothin....im lookin for that tone

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 11 2008, 11:04 PM
Instructor
What is the problem with your tone? DO you have too many highs, mids, bass, drive?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
orion6324
Mar 12 2008, 01:54 AM
well i think ive got good tone now but its not perfect.....that vid is what i consider perfect and i just cant seem to find it and was hopeing for some help here finding it....what do you think about eq pedals....think that would help any?

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 12 2008, 10:19 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Play loud! wink.gif

It's difficult to key in what works for a JSX, ppl gor all different amps here and they are all tweaked differently.

But try this;

Bass at 12 o'clock
Mids at 3 o'clock
Treble at 12 o'clock
Presence at 4 o'clock (<- this is the key on my amp to get that sound)

Now use the bass to pary in the sound you want, something like 2-3 o'clock I guess.

Gain between 12-3 o'clock - JSX has lots of it so noon should be plenty, right?

This post has been edited by MickeM: Mar 12 2008, 10:21 AM

+Quote Post
Kyle Logue
Mar 12 2008, 07:41 PM
Drum instructor
Try looking into THIS lesson.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 12 2008, 08:44 PM
Instructor
It is difficult for us to tell YOU what to do with your amp, especially if we don't have the exact same gear like yourself, I think you're aware of that right?

So it would be wise to tell us what exactly is wrong with your tone, and how do you want it to sound. What is the difference between your tone and the tone on the picture, we must have some comparison samples at least to be able to help you. Also it would be great if you find those problems with your tone and write for us so we know what you are talking about specifically.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:04 AM