3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
I Need To Lose Weight
MickeM
Sep 25 2008, 04:37 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Jeff @ Sep 25 2008, 05:04 PM) *
Joining me then MickeM? wink.gif

Sure, I already started this morning. Had artificial sweetener for my coffe. Had water instead of soda for lunch, but still a full plate. Cutting sugar doesn't mean I should starve laugh.gif
Had a sandwich with rostbeef in the afternoon and a glass of milk instead of the usual sweet + a soft drink.

Now I'm longing for dinner mellow.gif I'm working from home office and I just realized how much I usually grab inbetween my hot means, it became obvious as I started to mind the sugar. So in fact it's a cut down on the unneccessary snacks aswell.

I have the same situation as you, sitting work, three kids who drain my energy before they get to bed, me and the wofe got a company we run on the fre hours that's left of the day.

So let's go!! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeff
Sep 25 2008, 05:52 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 25 2008, 10:37 AM) *
Sure, I already started this morning. Had artificial sweetener for my coffe. Had water instead of soda for lunch, but still a full plate. Cutting sugar doesn't mean I should starve laugh.gif
Had a sandwich with rostbeef in the afternoon and a glass of milk instead of the usual sweet + a soft drink.

Now I'm longing for dinner mellow.gif I'm working from home office and I just realized how much I usually grab inbetween my hot means, it became obvious as I started to mind the sugar. So in fact it's a cut down on the unneccessary snacks aswell.

I have the same situation as you, sitting work, three kids who drain my energy before they get to bed, me and the wofe got a company we run on the fre hours that's left of the day.

So let's go!! biggrin.gif

OK! I just went to the scales... 202! ohmy.gif . That is my starting weight as of 9/25. I'll check in once a week and post my progress. I'm hoping to drop 25 lbs in 4 months. I'm thinking somewhere around 2 lbs a week or so. Sound reasonable?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 25 2008, 06:14 PM
QUOTE (Jeff @ Sep 25 2008, 06:52 PM) *
OK! I just went to the scales... 202! ohmy.gif . That is my starting weight as of 9/25. I'll check in once a week and post my progress. I'm hoping to drop 25 lbs in 4 months. I'm thinking somewhere around 2 lbs a week or so. Sound reasonable?

Mine was 95,7 kg this morning. I have no other goal than 85 kg and I have no end date set, it will take the time it takes.

Poke me once a week incase I forget, ok wink.gif

Good luck mate! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 25 2008, 06:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I lost 56 lbs in 5 1/2 months by just eating less and didn't even exercise.

Some key things I did.

Only water. 8+ glasses a day.
Cut your portions in half.
Do not eat 3 hours before you goto bed.
Eat simple foods.
More protein less carbs.

Just rememeber. Its not a diet its a lifestyle. I say that because after you lose your weight you still have to maintain it.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Sep 25 2008, 06:35 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Jeff @ Sep 25 2008, 06:52 PM) *

it is an excellent idea to check your weight every week.. It's been 3 years since my diet, and i still check every week.

If you do that you'll notice increase in weight and know early when it is getting out of control.. And you have the added bonus that you only have to go back a week of food you've eaten to figure out what went wrong that week. (usually you probably already know it.. but it is very good)

All this talk of diet. i think i may actually join you and loose the rest of my trunk in front.. wink.gif

QUOTE (opeth.db @ Sep 25 2008, 07:20 PM) *
Just rememeber. Its not a diet its a lifestyle. I say that because after you lose your weight you still have to maintain it.

So very true.. lifestyle change is the correct term.

i cut my food intake in half, and when you believe you are done with your weight loss, this is just your normal food intake.. your stomach cant handle anymore food anyways at this time. it has just gotten used to the smaller amounts of food.

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 25 2008, 06:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'll join this group as well ^^

Weight as of 25/9: 90kg (hasn't changed in several months :S)

Goal: 80kg ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Sep 25 2008, 06:42 PM
I think a healthy Living thread is a great idea so everyone can track their progress. I think i have the opposite problem. im 6.0 and only 160lb but i am rather out of shape. i want to gain about 15 pounds but lose fat. Exersize can solve this but before this state i had a weight problem and i noticed that just cutting un-nessisary food out of the diet solved tons. Soft drinks = gone. for snacks instead of dessert foods i swapped carrots and dip or tostiotos and salsa. Now i try and drink only water and i find drinking lots of water not only makes you feel better but it does help you lose weight. beer is another thing i need to cut down on. The university life kills you when it comes to beer consumption biggrin.gif

So once a week updates to see if were gaining any weight on my end i wanna see some weight loss from those who wanna lose biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 25 2008, 06:44 PM
Singing Instructor
I was in perfect shape when I played waterpolo.But then I gain weight again,I was a big child.The main reason is mayonnaise smile.gif
I eat it with every thing.I did manage to reduce the amount of it,but steal I haw all most 100 KG.Gym is just too boring too me,so I think the good way is to go with some interesting sport.Boxing is on top of my list.So I think that this is the way to.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 25 2008, 06:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
just get a WII.
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/16/lose-wei...ing-wii-sports/

smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 25 2008, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Sep 25 2008, 07:44 PM) *
Boxing is on top of my list.So I think that this is the way to.

They try to kill new reqruits so watch out, it's full speed from day one laugh.gif
It's great to stay in shape, I used to be a boxer but layed off in my late 20's. All these sit ups and pushups on hands, knuckles and fingertips and with handclaps to round things off laugh.gif Teriffic exercise but I'll never start with it again, ever.

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 25 2008, 06:57 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Sep 25 2008, 01:35 PM) *
All this talk of diet. i think i may actually join you and loose the rest of my trunk in front.. ;)

I'll join in! 198 lbs at the moment. My overall goal is to get to 185lbs with a 10-15% body fat. That means quite a bit of work for me. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 25 2008, 07:01 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 25 2008, 07:54 PM) *
They try to kill new reqruits so watch out, it's full speed from day one laugh.gif
It's great to stay in shape, I used to be a boxer but layed off in my late 20's. All these sit ups and pushups on hands, knuckles and fingertips and with handclaps to round things off laugh.gif Teriffic exercise but I'll never start with it again, ever.

I already haw my clock to ring at 4 in the morning.Raw eggs and glass are waiting.And I am trying to pool one side of my face down and talk funny biggrin.gif
He,I am thinking some thing recreational,half fun half exercise.But thanks for the tips. laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
FrankW
Sep 25 2008, 07:40 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Sep 25 2008, 06:42 PM) *
I think a healthy Living thread is a great idea so everyone can track their progress. I think i have the opposite problem. im 6.0 and only 160lb but i am rather out of shape. i want to gain about 15 pounds but lose fat. Exersize can solve this but before this state i had a weight problem and i noticed that just cutting un-nessisary food out of the diet solved tons. Soft drinks = gone. for snacks instead of dessert foods i swapped carrots and dip or tostiotos and salsa. Now i try and drink only water and i find drinking lots of water not only makes you feel better but it does help you lose weight. beer is another thing i need to cut down on. The university life kills you when it comes to beer consumption biggrin.gif

So once a week updates to see if were gaining any weight on my end i wanna see some weight loss from those who wanna lose biggrin.gif

Your problem is easy to solve. All you need to do is get into the weight room. Your body fat can easily be transformed into muscle with a reasonable weight training regimen.
There's plenty of workout suggestions on the internet. The main thing is to hit all the muscle groups when you work out. Google workout routines and do a little research. You don't need to try to turn yourself into Conan to get good musculature at your height and weight. I wish I had your problem, I'm at the other end of the spectrum.
Anyone that is serious about losing body fat needs to hit the weight room. Notice I said body fat and not weight. If you get serious about weight training, you can actually gain weight. That's because muscle is heavier than fat. Hitting the weights builds muscles that are hungry to eat up calories. Your body fat will disappear as your muscles grow.

This post has been edited by FrankW: Sep 25 2008, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Sep 25 2008, 08:21 PM
Instructor
Have you tried Nutrasystem?
I got 2 months worth on on Ebay and I lost about 20 pounds that I haven't gained back.
Totally worth it I think. :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Sep 25 2008, 09:23 PM
QUOTE (FrankW @ Sep 25 2008, 02:40 PM) *
Your problem is easy to solve. All you need to do is get into the weight room. Your body fat can easily be transformed into muscle with a reasonable weight training regimen.
There's plenty of workout suggestions on the internet. The main thing is to hit all the muscle groups when you work out. Google workout routines and do a little research. You don't need to try to turn yourself into Conan to get good musculature at your height and weight. I wish I had your problem, I'm at the other end of the spectrum.
Anyone that is serious about losing body fat needs to hit the weight room. Notice I said body fat and not weight. If you get serious about weight training, you can actually gain weight. That's because muscle is heavier than fat. Hitting the weights builds muscles that are hungry to eat up calories. Your body fat will disappear as your muscles grow.

I have recognized this smile.gif i exersize as much as possible but i don't really weight train too much, i started for a while but i lost my motivation really quickly. I should probably start again

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 25 2008, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Sep 25 2008, 03:21 PM) *
Have you tried Nutrasystem?
I got 2 months worth on on Ebay and I lost about 20 pounds that I haven't gained back.
Totally worth it I think. :-)

wow, i didnt know it actually worked....congrats by the way

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Sep 25 2008, 10:33 PM
Instructor
i think the best way for you to stop taking the dinner just two meals in a day and to stop taking the bread
thats working good i do a body building and i tried this when i want to less my weight befor body building competition

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Sep 26 2008, 10:06 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Hisham Al-Sanea @ Sep 25 2008, 11:33 PM) *
i think the best way for you to stop taking the dinner just two meals in a day and to stop taking the bread
thats working good i do a body building and i tried this when i want to less my weight befor body building competition

with all respect for your opinion, i do not agree with this view. It may have worked for you, but i dont think it is a healthy way to do it. I do agree with the bread however. Cut down on the WHITE bread.. eat bread with lots of grain if you do have to eat bread.. smile.gif

You should on the contrary eat more often.. 5 or 6 times a day.. but you of course eat less.. this will keep your body working all day instead of just the two times a day.. it will burn calories all day long, and not stall during the day..

Some of these meals should be "snack" meals in which you snack on fruit.. fruits are great.. but stay low on bananas. they contain a WHOLE lot of natural sugar.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Sep 26 2008, 10:26 AM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 26 2008, 03:21 PM
In my opinion you can eat what you like in life. If you feel hungry then eat. If you want to eat that greasy takeaway then go ahead. That unhealthy snack just eat it.

The key is exercise. I am not fat but i eat shedloads. I also walk 10 miles a day and do sport. Im a huge believer in eating what makes you happy but balance with good exercise.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Sep 26 2008, 03:30 PM
exersize is the key but i also believe what you eat makes you feel better and therefore its better to eat healthier. I always feel better after eating an apple, some bread, a salad and some real cheese for lunch then when i eat a baconator combo from my local wendies. probably the same amount of food, they both taste delcious but one just leaves me feeling ick... Yogurt is my greatest rescent discovery smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:01 AM