2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Disco Era Ballad Chord Solo
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2014, 02:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 28 2014, 02:17 PM) *
As it's happening in real time - it's more of a societal thing than a musical thing. After two or three bands 'make it' commercially the socio-political motives are usually lost or forgotten. But many times the allegiances remain.
The very beginnings of whatever musical movement - punk, hip-hop, grunge, disco, shoegaze, black metal, whatever - there's something sociologically and/or politically and/or economically and/or racially that helps to trigger as well as define and foment a movement. People align themselves with one side or the other. Many times in the beginning of the movement 'music' (or art) is symbolically your badge or uniform that you use to identify yourself to like minded individuals and separate yourself from those that don't think like you. Art and music are powerful tools. Why do you think it's always modern or controversial art, music, literature and theater that gets 'banned' in totalitarian societies? It's potentially "dangerous".

You are right - I knew it was something like this, but I was just saying that I don't agree with the 'war' like idea smile.gif In Romania, in the early 90s, there were two different so called groups centered around music - Depeche'rs and rockers biggrin.gif Each one was trying to kick the other one's behind, because of various silly reasons... Of course I was only 7-8 and my only religion at that time was ... LEGO biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 1 2014, 06:59 PM
GMC:er
Oh yeah, I never aligned myself with anyone or any group that would actually be physically violent or at least verbally abusive to another group just because of the music they listened to.
One of the reasons I got into guitar was because girls paid attention to guys who played guitar wink.gif .
Most girls like to dance. During the disco era girls danced to disco music. Though I was primarily into rock and jazz at the time, I also really liked girls - ergo ...
*Also, the guitar players on all those disco hits were total funk badasses (all the players were top session aces). The better tunes I learned to appreciate ... and dancing with girls was (is) really fun!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Mar 1 2014, 07:07 PM
GMC:er
As for Disco...

Two words...

Nile Rodgers...

He is the man when it comes to that style of playing...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2014, 01:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hexabuzz @ Mar 1 2014, 06:07 PM) *
As for Disco...

Two words...

Nile Rodgers...

He is the man when it comes to that style of playing...

I second that! biggrin.gif The man is pure genius - and also ... look at George Benson smile.gif If that guy can't play the guitar... biggrin.gif

As ken stated, all these dudes are totally killer players!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:51 AM