New Teaching Method
Tolek
Mar 31 2009, 01:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there, mentorees!
Until now, not much happened and I´m pretty sad as I imagined something else. I have to introduce a new method, namely homework examination:
With every group assignment, I´ll set a deadline. Everybody who hands in a homework that is precisely done, gets a +. An homework that is inadequate means a -. Additionally, I´ll give a mark on everybody´s take which is going to make up the final note. The final note will be published at the end of every month.

I also wanted to introduce a common activity: collaborations. I´m currently learning how to create backing tracks and so, I can make some for us.

I hope you understand my thoughts and accept them. smile.gif

Cheers,
Tolek

Edit:
I forgot to add something about the + and - system. From now on, I´ll only give an individual assignment if someone gets a +. smile.gif

Edit2: New rule: someone who doesn´t hand in his take to a collaboration, is going to get a -, except if he has a valuable excuse.

+/- System

• You get a + when you do an excellent homework.
  • You get a - when you don´t hand in your homework or the take for the collaboration.
  • A + allows you to ask for an individual assignment on any topic and to get a comment on your playing (video/audio file apart from the MTP).
  • A - forces you to do the homework anyway and you get an additional "punishment" which is annoying, but helpful.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tolek: Mar 31 2009, 05:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 31 2009, 01:57 PM
Instructor
Awesome initiative Tolek!
I think that will boost activity for sure! :-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 31 2009, 02:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Mar 31 2009, 01:57 PM) *
Awesome initiative Tolek!
I think that will boost activity for sure! :-)

That´s my goal. cool.gif

I forgot to add something about the + and - system. From now on, I´ll only give an individual assignment if someone gets a +. smile.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 31 2009, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I think it might work good since its easier to remember and motivate to do the homework if there is a deadline

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 31 2009, 05:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
New rule: someone who doesn´t hand in his take to a collaboration, is going to get a -, except if he has a valuable excuse.

I have to be a bit strict. smile.gif But those "punishments" are surely helpful. wink.gif

I just made a little list about the +/- System:

+/- System

• You get a + when you do an excellent homework.
  • You get a - when you don´t hand in your homework or the take for the collaboration.
  • A + allows you to ask for an individual assignment on any topic and to get a comment on your playing (video/audio file apart from the MTP).
  • A - forces you to do the homework anyway and you get an additional "punishment" which is annoying, but helpful.

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 31 2009, 06:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey man,

If any of the guys wanted to drop out I would certainly enlist in their place! I have taken part in a few collabs now and am just getting a feel for things. Anyway, just let me know if a spot opens up and you think i fit the bill! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 31 2009, 06:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (sted @ Mar 31 2009, 06:10 PM) *
Hey man,

If any of the guys wanted to drop out I would certainly enlist in their place! I have taken part in a few collabs now and am just getting a feel for things. Anyway, just let me know if a spot opens up and you think i fit the bill! wink.gif

Actually, Dreamcatcher isn´t active. He pmed me some days ago and stated that he has other things to do! So, normally a place is left... Ask Chris Evans about the situation, he´s the boss!

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 31 2009, 06:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 31 2009, 06:11 PM) *
Actually, Dreamcatcher isn´t active. He pmed me some days ago and stated that he has other things to do! So, normally a place is left... Ask Chris Evans about the situation, he´s the boss!

Blimey that was quick!! Are you inside my computer??? laugh.gif

I'll PM Chris and see what he thinks.

+Quote Post
Toroso
Mar 31 2009, 06:14 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (sted @ Mar 31 2009, 01:10 PM) *
Hey man,

Dude! Are you flogging a cat in your avatar pic???? ohmy.gif biggrin.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 31 2009, 06:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (sted @ Mar 31 2009, 06:13 PM) *
Blimey that was quick!! Are you inside my computer??? laugh.gif

I'll PM Chris and see what he thinks.

No, I just have some time right now and I´m hanging around on GMC and playing guitar! biggrin.gif
Good luck! smile.gif

QUOTE (Toroso @ Mar 31 2009, 06:14 PM) *
Dude! Are you flogging a cat in your avatar pic???? ohmy.gif biggrin.gif ohmy.gif

Well seen! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 31 2009, 06:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Toroso @ Mar 31 2009, 06:14 PM) *

Haha! Yeah mate, funny its been there for months now and no-one commented, I have two cats and sometimes they make me want to do that to them with their antics, but its only a bit of a laugh! laugh.gif

Sorry for the thread hijack Tolek!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:56 PM