Licks?
steve25
Dec 12 2007, 11:38 PM
GMC:er
Hi Marcus just got a quick question about how you improvise over a track to get a solo. Say you had a key of D-minor or something would you use licks that you know in your head for that key or would you just literally play around with scales?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Dec 13 2007, 03:32 PM
Instructor
Hi Steve smile.gif

Hm... well, if it’s the first time I improvise to that track I would definitely start out with some “safe” licks that I know inside out, and when I feel comfortable I would mess around more with the scale and maybe even try other scales (such as Harmonic minor, Dorian, blues scale etc.)

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
steve25
Dec 18 2007, 07:22 PM
GMC:er
Oh ok, so how did you learn to improvise the way you do? There must have been more then just learning the scales wasn't there? From what you're saying you literally pick the notes from the scale and not really think about licks? Sort of like hope for the best that they'll sound good together in the scale?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:27 PM