Melodic Death [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Technical Death [ 1 ] ** [1.43%]
Speed [ 2 ] ** [2.86%]
Power [ 3 ] ** [4.29%]
Grind [ 1 ] ** [1.43%]
Pirate [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Drone [ 3 ] ** [4.29%]
Gothic [ 5 ] ** [7.14%]
Symphonic (And all the combos, Symphonic Death, Symphonic Goth ect.) [ 2 ] ** [2.86%]
Black [ 9 ] ** [12.86%]
Viking [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Progressive (And all the combos, Prog Death, Prog Power ect.) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Hair [ 8 ] ** [11.43%]
Folk [ 3 ] ** [4.29%]
Female Fronted Bands In General [ 4 ] ** [5.71%]
A Combination Of The Above Genres Not Mentioned (Please Say Which) [ 1 ] ** [1.43%]
Other [ 5 ] ** [7.14%]
Total Votes: 70
Guests cannot vote 
Fsgdjv
Jul 13 2007, 12:39 PM
GMC:er
I took power metal, but theres a lot of other stuff I dislike aswell (lika speed, almost all neoclassical stuff, and basically all typical "3-minute songs" that aren't death or thrash).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 15 2007, 10:57 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Lol guys... I dont understand, how someone can put there Death metal as most hated - have you ever listened to Grindcore? smile.gif You know... if you dislike Death metal, you'd hate Grindcore:) Its just.... worse.. :-D Few months ago, i disliked them equally... in these days, i am actually starting to like Death, but my feelings to Grindcore are staying the same.. yet, Berzerker is crazy:-D

And from my point of view... i hate hairy metal:) IMO in those ages (80's...), shows (gigs) started to be more and more just about the show and less and less about music... And another reason - Pantera hated hairy metal :-P (i mean Pantera with Anselmo - since Cowboys from Hell, but mostly from Vulgar Display of Power)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Jul 15 2007, 10:58 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 15 2007, 11:56 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Jul 15 2007, 05:57 PM) *
but my feelings to Grindcore are staying the same.. yet, Berzerker is crazy:-D

The Berzerker scares me biggrin.gif even tho i am a death metal fan, i guess that is grindcore at its deathiest hahah smile.gif i voted Drone metal because i like all genres of metal except for black and drone(industrial technoish metal) and i always considered old school and glam(hair metal) to be pritty much the same thing.. except maiden isn't really hair metal.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 16 2007, 09:52 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Yeah, but I dont take Berzerker too srsly... its more of for fun for me :-D
Btw. till to day never heard the term Drone metal. Is it like Static-X or Fear Factory? Especially FF were considered to be Industrial metal on Demanufacture and Obstolette times smile.gif

2 Smikey - Compare The Darkness (for exapmle song "I believe in thing called love") with metallica/iron maiden and other old school heavy metal bands and say, they are the same:) density, of usage of falseto is disgusting for me :-P

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Jul 16 2007, 09:55 AM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
The Spartan
Jul 16 2007, 10:10 AM
NU METAL Industrial metal ...Rapmetal or whatever they call it...ie. Linkin Park (I HATE them) ,Korn... etc.

--------------------

Practicing Pavel's Alternate Picking Lesson 4 at: (16th notes triplets)

89BPM 101BPM 110BPM 122BPM <-----Goal
86BPM 98BPM 107BPM 119BPM
83BPM 95BPM 104BPM 116BPM
80BPM 92BPM 101BPM 113BPM
77BPM

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 16 2007, 10:25 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Totally agreed, but nu-metal was for me like first step to metal:) My first metal group were LP - in sweet times of Hybrid theory... But now I hate it too..

Btw. (old) KoRn > (old) Linkin park > all Limp bizkit... (they were stupid all the time...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 16 2007, 12:05 PM
Pantera hated hairy metal :-P (i mean Pantera with Anselmo - since Cowboys from Hell, but mostly from Vulgar Display of Power)

Anselmo may hate hair metal bands, but pantera were originally one, as shown by this picture :

After "Cowboys From Hell," Pantera did their best to hide the record of their three earlier self-produced hair metal albums, on which they pranced around in lipstick, hairspray, latex and (frequently) women's clothing including underwear. Most people in Dallas thought they were completely retarded for this behavior. After hearing some Exhorder, and Prong, and Metallica, new frontman Phil Anselmo -- who admits he is bisexual and uses heroin regularly -- updated the Pantera sound to be rougher and, in keeping with that image, they had to ditch the hairnets and facial cream. However, you can still hear overtones of their forgotten past in their later music. Knowing that these pictures and sounds would ruin Pantera's carefully crafted "toughguy" image, their record company has bought up any copies of these records they could find and sued anyone caught selling them.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 16 2007, 12:13 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I'll plly make Pantera thread here soon.. but.. When someone says, he listens to pantera, he on 99,99999999% means their later trash/death/WhateverGengreTheyWere metal albums:) And Hairy metal influence was IMO gone after CFH album. Or tell me one song on Vulgar display of power with Hairy metal influence:)

Dont want to be rude or anything! smile.gif I just want to prevent confusion in this thread wink.gif

Btw. lol at Dimebag on that foto.. look at that fattie on top right on that foto :-D :-D :-D Its just too hillarious :-D

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Jul 16 2007, 12:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 16 2007, 12:33 PM
He will only give you that answer as it is impossible to get any of their earlier albums with song titles such as "Ride My Rocket", I cant really pinpoint anything "hairy" amongst Vulgar Display Of Power I was just quoting someone else there. tongue.gif

Although it looks like they kept the same guitars looking at that picture wink.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 16 2007, 09:56 PM
Drone is miles away from Static-X and Fear Factory, listen to Sunn o)) for some quality drone. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 16 2007, 11:12 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Lol.. just watched two of their videos.. WTF is that? :-D Five minutes of feedback?:-D

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 18 2007, 06:35 AM
Dont hate drone just because you dont understand the music. Yes drone revolves around earie, atmospheric sound and some feedback psychadelia. Drone is not for everybody and even though all you hear are mindless feedback and screaming, its the scarriest most depressing music(yes i said music) you can expirience w/o expiriencing torture.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 18 2007, 06:44 AM
The only somewhat good quality of death metal is the guitar, and even thats not always that good.
I think Death Metal has no feel at all.

Quote from a Death Metal song
Argdfhdhfo'wf iwohf ! h;wshfr;fweufiwh! kjwefljklf;jeli! Argh!

-John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 18 2007, 06:46 AM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Jul 16 2007, 02:57 AM) *
Lol guys... I dont understand, how someone can put there Death metal as most hated - have you ever listened to Grindcore? smile.gif You know... if you dislike Death metal, you'd hate Grindcore:) Its just.... worse.. :-D Few months ago, i disliked them equally

I actually hate any genre with the word "core" on it, besides the original hardcore offcourse. You might actually like Grind if your starting to like Death metal. Grind and Grindcore is not the same offcourse. Grind is like an offshoot of Death metal but more on the side of 70's-80's Grindhouse movies theme to it. Its pretty much like an ode to a dead movie genre. Grindcore was the "exploited" genre with a lot of terrible bland bands that puts out boring riffs and mindless blast beats and have that "try so hard to be br00tl and gory" kind of attitude.

Listen to bands such as Repulsion, Blood Freak, Frightmare, and Impetigo. There my fav bands from the Grind genre.

Also look for my review on Blood Freaks album Sleaze Merchants on the review thread.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 19 2007, 12:00 AM
Learning Tone Guru
I must say.. that I have changed my mind... i have listened to Sunn o)) longer... dld song "It took night to believe"... and it just... hypnotized me... That sound was.. not like anything, that I have ever heard.. its... just.. I just cant express it:-D
I cannot say, that I like it as much as my beloved Pantera.. but.. now I consider it very creative and... horrible at once:)
To make it "simple" (yet my feelings from that music - yes I say music:) - are very complicated ) I managed to "look inside" of that music.. and it really has some power and some really music inside:) Be it very unconventional or not:)

Drone > grindcore

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mer-V
Jul 20 2007, 12:57 AM
Whoa... All the genres, subgenres, sub-subgenre's, substitutions of sub-subgenre's and so forth, its dazzling haha. Only for that fact you can already dislike metal. I mean, its gotten so big over the last years that it spans a whole musical spectrum of variaties.

Anyway, I voted for a combination of the genres metioned above. I dislike Deathmetal for the sheer lack of melody, black metal for about the same reason (I can't quite come up with a difference between them), Gothic metal for the whole scene developping around it and Glam/Hair metal because it just wrong... Oh and one more, Norwegian Black Metal, that is just sick. They actually believe that they are above anything else and therefore light fires to churches in order to banish christianity from this plannet.

Other than the above mentioned genre's, I'm actually really into metal even though I really need to broaden my horizon a little bit when it comes to the bands I listen to.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 20 2007, 01:14 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
There are actually quite alot of Death Metal bands with melody.

Try Arch Enemy, for example, amazing melodys, and solos, very melodic, in fact just check out as many Melodic Death metal bands as you can.

+Quote Post
lefty01
Jul 20 2007, 01:29 AM
QUOTE (The Spartan @ Jul 16 2007, 03:10 AM) *
NU METAL Industrial metal ...Rapmetal or whatever they call it...ie. Linkin Park (I HATE them) ,Korn... etc.

I could not agree more.

QUOTE (Manny @ Jul 9 2007, 04:08 PM) *
nu metal/screamo.

i cant stand all the drop c!!!!!!!

I can not be more in agreement with you. I'm very happy to see, others are tired/sick of that crap too.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 20 2007, 06:35 AM
QUOTE (Mer-V @ Jul 20 2007, 04:57 AM) *
Anyway, I voted for a combination of the genres metioned above. I dislike Deathmetal for the sheer lack of melody, black metal for about the same reason (I can't quite come up with a difference between them), Gothic metal for the whole scene developping around it and Glam/Hair metal because it just wrong... Oh and one more, Norwegian Black Metal, that is just sick. They actually believe that they are above anything else and therefore light fires to churches in order to banish christianity from this plannet.

I believe the philosophy behind the burning of the churches in Norway was about the early tradition of Norwegian culture/religion. Norway used to be a Wiccan/Pagan society. Wiccans/Pagans were destroyed by Christianity because of its "blasphemous" cults and cultures. The Pentagram that the Catholics believe that is satanist is actually a sacred symbol for Norwegian Wiccans/Pagans. A Pentagram describes a goddess Venus, she represent Love and Beauty.

Now the reason for burning of the churches in Norway is merely the factual of going back to natural origins of Norway. The fact that paganism is big in the Norwegian Black Metal scene, getting rid of christianity in there native land was a show of respect for the origins of Norway.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 20 2007, 07:22 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Jul 20 2007, 01:35 AM) *
I believe the philosophy behind the burning of the churches in Norway was about the early tradition of Norwegian culture/religion. Norway used to be a Wiccan/Pagan society. Wiccans/Pagans were destroyed by Christianity because of its "blasphemous" cults and cultures. The Pentagram that the Catholics believe that is satanist is actually a sacred symbol for Norwegian Wiccans/Pagans. A Pentagram describes a goddess Venus, she represent Love and Beauty.

Now the reason for burning of the churches in Norway is merely the factual of going back to natural origins of Norway. The fact that paganism is big in the Norwegian Black Metal scene, getting rid of christianity in there native land was a show of respect for the origins of Norway.

Whatever...burning down a church is messed up, whether its for buddhists, paganists, or christians...except if it was a church of Satan, those guys are just too weird for their own good. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:32 PM