Piano Playing & Tapping, Similar in some ways.
Layzer
Jul 20 2007, 07:23 AM
GMC:er
I took a piano class at my University last year and did very well and enjoyed the class very much. It enabled me to refresh my music reading abilities (Jazz band in middle school). It allowed me to translate or transpose (not sure which is the correct term) music from piano to guitar and vice versa. Just a while ago i noticed myself on my keyboard playing a few simple triads independently at a fast tempo and i realized that tapping with both hands felt very normal and tension free due to my piano days.

I then started making very simple fast tempo "licks" on the piano and simply count intervals and play it with tapping on guitar. Now i see the fretboard in a much clearer way when tapping and playing in general. cool.gif

Piano is a very easy instrument to learn and i recommend trying it out for those who haven't, it will only help with your musical knowledge. That goes for other instruments as well.

probably should have put this in another section...sorry!

Maybe Andrew can move it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Unity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Layzer   Piano Playing & Tapping   Jul 20 2007, 07:23 AM
- - lavendell   Layzer, I totally agree with you! I play the ...   Jul 20 2007, 09:42 AM
|- - fkalich   QUOTE (lavendell @ Jul 20 2007, 02:42 AM)...   Jul 20 2007, 10:18 AM
|- - Andrew Cockburn   Seconded!   Jul 20 2007, 02:47 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Anastasio123   Yea, I used to more serious about bass guiar when...   Jul 20 2007, 09:23 PM
- - Layzer   Trombone helped me with slides??!. .. doubt ...   Jul 21 2007, 04:16 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:17 AM