Scorpions - Still Loving You, Small Improvisation
Victor Simion
Jan 24 2020, 05:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello,

I know it's not perfect, but I wanted to post it anyway, so here it is:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 24 2020, 07:27 PM
GMC Founder
Wow that is a killer tone you dialed in, may I ask what you are using?

To me this is the ultimate practice session: you are playing super melodically for 6 minutes 👌👌👌 couldn't have done it better, keep it up mate! 👊

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jan 24 2020, 08:32 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 24 2020, 06:27 PM) *
Wow that is a killer tone you dialed in, may I ask what you are using?

To me this is the ultimate practice session: you are playing super melodically for 6 minutes 👌👌👌 couldn't have done it better, keep it up mate! 👊

Thank you, I will do more of this in the future.

Regarding the tone, I am using Guitar Rig 5, a preset made for scorpions lead guitar

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2020, 08:40 PM
GMC:er
Nice! Congrats on learning and performing the entire thing. Learning new songs is a great way to expand your musical vocabulary. Being able to perform a song with the red record light going is something that many people struggle with. You did quite well. I did notice your vibrato technique could use a pinch more depth but that will come with time and practice. Well played! Great choice of tune!
Todd
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jan 24 2020, 12:40 PM) *
Hello,

I know it's not perfect, but I wanted to post it anyway, so here it is:

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jan 27 2020, 10:50 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 24 2020, 07:40 PM) *
Nice! Congrats on learning and performing the entire thing. Learning new songs is a great way to expand your musical vocabulary. Being able to perform a song with the red record light going is something that many people struggle with. You did quite well. I did notice your vibrato technique could use a pinch more depth but that will come with time and practice. Well played! Great choice of tune!
Todd

I got a copyright strike by posting this on YouTube becaus I am using this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5DPb5VsSQ
This is a song that sounds like "Still Loving You", but it isn't Scorpions.

I don't know who they are I just know Scorpions, but it seems unfair to get to copyright strike by some guys who are not Scorpions but are using Scorpions song.

I am asking the more experienced one? Is it copyright just to use a backing track that is not the original one?

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jan 27 2020, 10:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2020, 04:02 AM
GMC:er
The good news is copyright strikes usually are just pointless. Unless they block the vid, it really doesn't matter. If you are a youtube partner, you won't get any advertising revenue share for that clip. But I'm guessing you are not a youtube partner? So it probably won't matter. I dont think the vid has been blocked as I can still see it smile.gif

Honestly, you can use anything you like on youtube. It's the wild west. They may block it in some countries, usually they just let you know somebody claimed it so that they can get any advert revenue. Which is not a big deal. I've got a few of these for various vids. I'd say ignore it and make youtube vids of anything you feel like playing smile.gif

I notice that the vid you linked is in a foreign language. It sure sounds like still loving you. But like I say, don't let that stuff slow you down. Play any song you like. Whoever has the copyright will end up getting paid with advert revenue share so you can use any song you like, and they still get their revenue split.

Todd
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jan 27 2020, 05:50 PM) *
I got a copyright strike by posting this on YouTube becaus I am using this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5DPb5VsSQ
This is a song that sounds like "Still Loving You", but it isn't Scorpions.

I don't know who they are I just know Scorpions, but it seems unfair to get to copyright strike by some guys who are not Scorpions but are using Scorpions song.

I am asking the more experienced one? Is it copyright just to use a backing track that is not the original one?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 28 2020, 04:05 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:40 PM