Cutting The Nut
fkalich
Jul 10 2009, 10:01 AM
GMC:er
Just thought I would mention this. If you don't have a set of nut files, you should consider that. One nut will pay for them, about $50 for a good set on ebay. I have never seen the reason why a nut has to have extra height to it. To me, it seems it should give just a hair more clearance than over the 2nd fret when you fret it at the 1st fret.

If you do that, your action is so much lower. Also you have to be careful to not cut it too low. But if you do cut it too low, easy fix, you just get a needle and put a bit of super glue in the notch, and then pour either bone dust or backing soda over it, Turns rock like, and you cut it again more carefully.

Or you can pay someone to do it, and not be satisfied because they refuse to ever cut it as low as they could, or they screw it up somehow. But sure seems to me the playing is a lot easier and more enjoyable with the nut cut as low as possible.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- fkalich   Cutting The Nut   Jul 10 2009, 10:01 AM
- - fkalich   Well you use any super glue. But you have to pour...   Jul 10 2009, 08:58 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:11 PM