Getting A Band
sigma7
Jul 22 2008, 11:49 PM
GMC:er
Whats the best way to get a band together if all ur friends all already in a band? Do i put up flyerss around town or go to websites or wut? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Jul 23 2008, 02:51 AM
I'd try websites where you can put "musicians wanted" ads up. Although with some bands it's by chance you meet people who play the instrument you need in the band and like to play the same music that the band is.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Disturbed21: Jul 23 2008, 02:51 AM

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jul 23 2008, 03:29 AM
check
http://www.bandmix.com

This post has been edited by Slammer: Jul 23 2008, 03:29 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2008, 03:33 AM
Instructor
Tell every musician that you know or meet that you are looking for musicians. I've always found musicians by recomendations of other musicians.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 23 2008, 10:25 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 23 2008, 04:33 AM) *
Tell every musician that you know or meet that you are looking for musicians. I've always found musicians by recomendations of other musicians.

I think this is the way to go ^
Ask all your musician friends if they know someone.

+Quote Post
Iron King
Jul 23 2008, 02:07 PM
try putting an ad on craigslist
I put up a single ad looking for a guitarist once and got over 20 replies

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 23 2008, 03:58 PM
WOW Ill try all of that

Slammer: That is a really legit and professional site. Ill definitely try there. smile.gif

Gabriel Leopardi: That is a good idea. Maybe people can give me connections. Thanx smile.gif

Iron King: Craigslist....Genius! I should have done that a long time ago happy.gif

Thanx everybody

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 23 2008, 04:10 PM
Instructor
Try websites, or ask your friends if anyone needs a good guitar player smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 23 2008, 04:19 PM
My band started when I was air guitaring in a club and somebody said it's clear you can play the guitar. I'm looking for a band. And it started from there. There are many ways smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:14 PM