5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Are You Making Music?
Capasso2300
Apr 25 2014, 07:17 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 25 2014, 07:56 PM) *
Check out my Intensive Technique Course: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

You will find many good exercises for AP technique.

Hi mate! Thanks for sharing your song. I really enjoyed it. I can imagine it being played with full band and sounding very epic. It sounds very musically and tasty. You have something great there! smile.gif

thanks gabe = )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Capasso2300
Apr 26 2014, 01:20 PM
I've also been working on this piano song. Im sorry the video is so useless, its backwards, and the latency is just ridiculous. But the audio sounds good enough. I find it a lot easier to come up with more unique sounding music on piano, as opposed to on guitar where i tend to fall into using the same chord progressions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZUjlT6R9sM

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 26 2014, 03:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Capasso2300 @ Apr 26 2014, 09:20 AM) *
I've also been working on this piano song. Im sorry the video is so useless, its backwards, and the latency is just ridiculous. But the audio sounds good enough. I find it a lot easier to come up with more unique sounding music on piano, as opposed to on guitar where i tend to fall into using the same chord progressions.

You said something that also happens to me and that's why I prefer composing music with a more uncomfortable instrument. It can be piano, bass or my acoustic guitar. I get more fresh stuff than when I use my electric guitar in front of the computer.

Your composition is beautiful. Nice work.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
StaceyD
Apr 27 2014, 02:13 AM
A lot of good stuff from everyone!

This is something I've been working on recently:

http://soundcloud.com/stiatchy/minor6-madness

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 27 2014, 09:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (StaceyD @ Apr 27 2014, 03:13 AM) *

Sounds promising StaceyD. I'm looking forward to hear the finished minor6 madness song!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 27 2014, 09:52 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (StaceyD @ Apr 27 2014, 01:13 AM) *

Wow that's brilliant! Really enjoyed it. How does it continue?? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 27 2014, 01:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (StaceyD @ Apr 27 2014, 01:13 AM) *

Great lines and riffs miss! Is it a part of a more complex material - album, EP? Maybe? smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 26 2014, 02:19 PM) *
You said something that also happens to me and that's why I prefer composing music with a more uncomfortable instrument. It can be piano, bass or my acoustic guitar. I get more fresh stuff than when I use my electric guitar in front of the computer.

Your composition is beautiful. Nice work.

Well said smile.gif Lately, I am writing more and more music with the acoustic guitar as a primary tool - I aim for interesting progressions and good vocal lines. Everything else can be created afterwards without too much trouble biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Capasso2300 @ Apr 26 2014, 12:20 PM) *

Hey mate! I like it a lot - it has a modern vibe that I always enjoyed in respect to piano music smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 27 2014, 06:46 PM
Very cool stuff smile.gif Rythmically complex and spiff guitar bits!!!

QUOTE (StaceyD @ Apr 26 2014, 09:13 PM) *

I just noticed in your vid that you seemed to be doing the entire solo using downstrokes? It's something I think most folks struggle with at first. Paul Gilbert himself used all downstrokes until he couldn't play triplets and had to learn alternate picking smile.gif Some great suggestions by gabe on lesson to use!

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 27 2014, 04:49 AM) *
Sounds promising StaceyD. I'm looking forward to hear the finished minor6 madness song!

+Quote Post
StaceyD
Apr 27 2014, 11:30 PM
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 27 2014, 09:49 AM) *

thanks! It's another wip, so far there's another 6 mins to come, need to sort out some arranging dilemmas and lots of details, but the rest isn't as hectic.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 27 2014, 01:11 PM) *
Great lines and riffs miss! Is it a part of a more complex material - album, EP? Maybe? smile.gif

Thanks! It's not really part of anything as of yet, but hopefully will be in the future if I can get enough things finished.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 27 2014, 06:46 PM) *
Very cool stuff smile.gif Rythmically complex and spiff guitar bits!!!

Thanks Todd!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2014, 07:30 AM
Instructor
Stacey, I really hope you find the time, because that idea sounds VERY promising!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 29 2014, 07:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (StaceyD @ Apr 26 2014, 10:13 PM) *

Wou!! This sounds killer Stacey! Great job! I hope to hear the finished version soon!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
StaceyD
Apr 29 2014, 09:59 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 28 2014, 07:30 AM) *
Stacey, I really hope you find the time, because that idea sounds VERY promising!

I hope so too thanks!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 29 2014, 07:01 PM) *
Wou!! This sounds killer Stacey! Great job! I hope to hear the finished version soon!

Thankyou! I do too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 30 2014, 07:58 AM
QUOTE (Capasso2300 @ Apr 25 2014, 03:10 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KObUJVW3O8

This is a song i've finished recently. My problem with composing is i'm terrible at writing lyrics. I think this song took me like 6 months to even come up with an idea for the lyrics. But usually once i have the topic, the lyrics come naturally. I have like 15 more songs waiting to have lyrics written lol.

Anyway this song is temporarily called "vacation Song". Just because i wrote it while on vacation, and it feels like your on vacation. Let me know what y'all think.

hi Capasso, I like your song. It has a nice melody line played on the guitar and your singing fits the track so well. I think the perfect title for this song would be "Embrace the Night".
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2014, 12:27 PM
Instructor
Hehe! Nice tune smile.gif Relaxed feel and nice little reggae interventions, but I think the lead parts are a bit too many - I would constrict the whole structure down to a more airy version and add shorter lead fills between the verses smile.gif But that's just me wink.gif

+Quote Post
Capasso2300
Apr 30 2014, 08:45 PM
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 30 2014, 08:58 AM) *
hi Capasso, I like your song. It has a nice melody line played on the guitar and your singing fits the track so well. I think the perfect title for this song would be "Embrace the Night".
smile.gif

Thanks a lot Jeroen. It was called vacation song until i wrote the lyrics lol, just because of he vibe, and now that i have lyrics, your correct...Embrace the Night is the finished title lol.

And cosmin i know what you mean about the guitar melody in the chorus i think your talking about. I like the guitar line a lot, and it's just a rough version, hopefully if i ever record it for real i can turn it down in the mix, or maybe us violins or something to make it a little less prominent.

I want to share one more with you guys. This one is my pride and joy lol. So much so me and my friend who wrote it called it "The money maker" for a bunch of months lol. It's called "You drive me crazy baby", and it's about that girl that you just can't get out of your mind. It's a live take of us preforming it in my basement, but it came out pretty damn good considering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP0A31Ad0O0

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2014, 10:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Capasso2300 @ Apr 30 2014, 04:45 PM) *
Thanks a lot Jeroen. It was called vacation song until i wrote the lyrics lol, just because of he vibe, and now that i have lyrics, your correct...Embrace the Night is the finished title lol.

And cosmin i know what you mean about the guitar melody in the chorus i think your talking about. I like the guitar line a lot, and it's just a rough version, hopefully if i ever record it for real i can turn it down in the mix, or maybe us violins or something to make it a little less prominent.

I want to share one more with you guys. This one is my pride and joy lol. So much so me and my friend who wrote it called it "The money maker" for a bunch of months lol. It's called "You drive me crazy baby", and it's about that girl that you just can't get out of your mind. It's a live take of us preforming it in my basement, but it came out pretty damn good considering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP0A31Ad0O0

Wou! You are a very good duo! The song is catchy, tasty and both voices fit great together! You should start something professional! Are you planning anything?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Apr 30 2014, 11:06 PM
We are making our first album as a band smile.gif the first song is in for mastering so maybe I can post that when it's done.

As for on my own.. mostly for some reason I write classical guitar pieces.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Capasso2300
May 1 2014, 01:16 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 30 2014, 11:36 PM) *
Wou! You are a very good duo! The song is catchy, tasty and both voices fit great together! You should start something professional! Are you planning anything?

Thanks a lot gabe. My buddy Anthony who is on the right is actually finishing up recording a solo album. When it's done, i'll be sure to post a link to the forums, i think it's going to be on ITUNES shortly.

And as for me, I own a house, and have car payments, my dreams of being a rockstar are just that lol, dreams. I write the songs for fun, and one day would really like to record an album, if for nothing else, just to say I did it, and for the experience.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 1 2014, 03:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Capasso2300 @ May 1 2014, 09:16 AM) *
Thanks a lot gabe. My buddy Anthony who is on the right is actually finishing up recording a solo album. When it's done, i'll be sure to post a link to the forums, i think it's going to be on ITUNES shortly.

And as for me, I own a house, and have car payments, my dreams of being a rockstar are just that lol, dreams. I write the songs for fun, and one day would really like to record an album, if for nothing else, just to say I did it, and for the experience.

No excuses mate! If you want to record your album, go for it. smile.gif Being a musician doesn't mean that you can't have a house, a car and whatever you would like. Everything is possible if you really wish it and organize your time wisely.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 1 2014, 09:37 PM
Instructor
Hmmmm, you know, building up the right arrangements is very important - I usually try to see that the lines I deploy as themes are bringing a slight flavor to the song or, opposed, there should be a very pungent theme that is meant to stick to the listener's memory. But I never play too many themes or develop them more than up to a point. There's a lot to talk on the matter, so I would be curious to ask you how you write your themes and the leads in a musical context in which you also have to sing?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:49 AM