What's The Matter With Linkin Park?
Fran
Dec 1 2010, 05:57 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
God I loved this band a few years back. All their albums were amazing up to Meteora, which I listened like a thousand times.

But then what happenned ever since? When I heard their latest album the other day I couldn't hear a single song that reminds me of their old tracks which I treasure in my brain. Not that it was a big surprise though, as I didn't like the previous album either. Some of my friends who used to listen to their stuff don't do it anymore either...

What do you guys think? Do you like this new style?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 1 2010, 06:56 PM
GMC:er
Like you I really liked their earlier work. I feel that same way about a lot of bands. It seems that to overcome the "sophmore slump" and not get dumped after your second album or so, band try to reinvent themselves from scratch and lean towards being more mainstream and away from what made you like them to start with. It's as if the band has died and some Zombie wearing their skin and looking for a paycheck has taken over.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 1 2010, 08:47 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
The latest album (and the band's comments about it) was a complete joke. And they even got the nerve to say "We could do a second Hybrid Theory anytime"...Well guys, just do it!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 1 2010, 09:08 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 1 2010, 08:47 PM) *
The latest album (and the band's comments about it) was a complete joke. And they even got the nerve to say "We could do a second Hybrid Theory anytime"...Well guys, just do it!

What are they waiting for!!!???

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 1 2010, 09:24 PM
Learning Roadie
They have become really commercial... And the music that they played before this all was not very difficult. But they had a way to make those power chords sound awesom.
This X factor thing in there music is just gone... its just now some easy, commercial and stupid chord play..

But i just forget the new songs and turn op the old ones biggrin.gif Im putting up 'in the end' right now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 1 2010, 10:54 PM
Instructor
Not sure, I don't like their work that much. They had great hits before, and I dig new style as well, but it's not for me.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Dec 2 2010, 12:01 AM
Learning Tone Master
Noone stays the same for long periods of time.
And im sure after their crazy commerical success, the old songs must be really boring for them, so its only natural to try new things smile.gif

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 2 2010, 01:07 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
This happens SO much to a great band. It's almost like they have run out of inspiration and don't try as hard or care as much. It must be exhausting trying to always top what you created before!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Dec 3 2010, 12:45 AM
GMC:er
Your got lead singer- Chester Bennington, who screamed and shouted previously and got throat and medical issues so much he was choking up blood back stage. So he's was limited by that unfortunity.

My favourite Linkin Park albums, Meteora and Hybrid Theory, are based on his voice and backed up by Brad Delson with heavy lead guitar playing (Alternative rock/metal, Nu metal, Post-grunge, and Hard rock).

You also have backup singer/rapper - Mike Shinoda, awesome rhythm guitarist of the rock band, but he enjoys the rapping side more? He provided artwork, production, and mixing for the previous Linkin Park albums untill that was taken over?

It got mixed up into Rap rock/metal, Synth rock, and Techno-remix in their album, Reanimation, and the later albums. Softer voicing, less guitar, more effects.

It's not bad... but I say bring back the awesome old stuff!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Dec 3 2010, 12:48 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:36 PM