Does String Gauge Affect Pinch Harmonics?
Vaidya
Aug 12 2010, 04:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys
I've been learning pinch harmonics recently but i cant nail them as often as i would like.
Yesterday,I was over at my friend's place playing on his guitar (Floyd Rose).I tried doing pinch harmonics and they started popping out as often as i wanted them to.So,does it have anything to do with my strings being gauge 9 and his gauge 8? Or is it because his was a floating bridge? Or was I just playing the notes perfectly??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vaidya: Aug 12 2010, 04:25 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Azzaboi
Aug 16 2010, 04:53 AM
GMC:er
I can't get enough of them, luv the squeals! Once you have worked out just the right amount of pick to thumb ratio, they are quite fun. There is one thing I still need to learn from them and just working out...

With Pinch Harmonics, if you have it set to bridge pickup you can pinch from that pickup all the way down to the neck pickup and even the neck but not the other way before the bridge pickup (deaden harmonic). The position of your pick hand changes the tone and higer/low squeal sound. This is great I've worked out a best spot for when playing up around the higher frets (eg. 15th).

However, moving the fret note around, I notice the harmonic moves with it, you also have to move the pick position around with it, specially when moved all the way to the other end of the fretboard (eg. 3th). Do you memorize the best different locations for different positions on the fretboard or just use the same pick location each time?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 16 2010, 04:56 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:45 PM