Practicing Too Much?, I have pain in my wrist! RSI?
bleak
Nov 20 2009, 03:30 PM
GMC:er
I would say on average I play guitar around 4-5 hours a day with a schedule, but sometimes in excess of 8-10 hours. Ive been playing for 7 years and about 2 of those seriously with a schedule. I also lift weights 2-3 times a week and also use the pc a fair bit.

Just over 2 weeks ago (I cant really remember when it started) I noticed a slight pain in my right wrist when I pushed myself up from a chair, I didnt think anything of it and carried on with everything. Then a few practice sessions later I really noticed a weird pain in my wrist so I had to stop playing. I'm sure many of u know that the thought of not playing guitar for a while is just a really hard one to accept, and I hadnt really considered it but after this practice session i realised my wrist wasnt right so had to stop. I havnt played for over a week now, no weights and no use of the mouse with my right hand. The pain in my wrist isnt painful, it just twinges a little discomfort if i put it into a certain position and lets me know its still there, but i know playing on it could just make it worse. Also putting weight on it, like doing a push up on the floor is pretty much impossible so it makes me wonder if its RSI or something else like injury from weights or RSI from using the mouse.. im seeing the doctor next week, but i guess the only thing hes going to say is rest it!

Anyone had any problems with this type of thing before? how long do u think i'll be out of action? its depressing me so much cos i cant play! just want it to heal

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:21 PM