Targetting Chord Notes
Philippe
Dec 25 2007, 09:30 AM
GMC:er
Hey Muris,

I've been playing for some time, but I started learning theory quite recently. The good thing is that I was not improving much with my playing, and that all this music theory opened up a lot of new possibilities and things to learn.

However, it seems endless. Intervals, scales, arpeggios, ear training, shapes... I've been spending countless hours learning this but it's still very difficult to use in practice... For instance, i can play modes and some arpeggios in different positions, but I'm still unable to target chords notes (besides the root maybe...) in "real time". What would be the right approach to achieve that?

In your opinion, what should be a reasonable goal as far as theory and fretboard knowledge is concerned?

Thanks,
Philippe

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Philippe   Targetting Chord Notes   Dec 25 2007, 09:30 AM
- - Muris   Hi Philippe. Glad you're having fun with Theo...   Dec 25 2007, 04:17 PM
- - Philippe   Hi Muris, Thanks for answering. These were good t...   Dec 25 2007, 05:42 PM
- - Muris   I guess you should be able to hear root note AND k...   Dec 26 2007, 12:12 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:16 PM